Home

PS4 vs PS4 Pro Versions?

This is a discussion on PS4 vs PS4 Pro Versions? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
PS4 vs PS4 Pro Versions?

Will there be better visuals or anything different for the PS4 pro version?

There's a deal going on in the UK where you can trade in your old PS4 + £200 for a PS4 Pro.

Wondering if it's worth the upgrade.

My guess is there may be a graphical difference but frame rate wouldn't change.

Will the game have HDR support?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Re: PS4 vs PS4 Pro Versions?

It hasn't been officially confirmed but you can bet your *** the PS4 Pro version will have 4k and HDR support, so yes. If I were you I'd get the Pro.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Will there be better visuals or anything different for the PS4 pro version?

There's a deal going on in the UK where you can trade in your old PS4 + £200 for a PS4 Pro.

Wondering if it's worth the upgrade.

My guess is there may be a graphical difference but frame rate wouldn't change.

Will the game have HDR support?
Sony wants console parity so the framerate won't change. I think Microsoft has a different vision on that but for the Playstation it should remain equal whichever console you play it on.

That said it still remains to be seen if EA UFC will have a different framerate. With these new consoles out there I think it should be a higher priority to have a smooth running game, with the option for people to upgrade to a PS4Pro/XB1X if they desire better graphics.

I'm not sure if it is mandatory but considering each of the EA Sports titles released this year has had excellent PS4 Pro support, I think this will be no different for EA UFC 3.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Onzahh_'s Arena

I would be pretty bummed if they weren't able to have the game run at 60 fps with the power of the Xbox one x and PS4Pro. I laid off UFC 2 for a bit and was gaming on my PC playing games at 144+ Fps. Once i played UFC 2 again it felt so choppy.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onzahh_
I would be pretty bummed if they weren't able to have the game run at 60 fps with the power of the Xbox one x and PS4Pro. I laid off UFC 2 for a bit and was gaming on my PC playing games at 144+ Fps. Once i played UFC 2 again it felt so choppy.
They talked about this before they released UFC 2, and they said that they were already able to make the game 60FPS but they chose not to because it "didn't make a big difference".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #6
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
They talked about this before they released UFC 2, and they said that they were already able to make the game 60FPS but they chose not to because it "didn't make a big difference".
Quote:
The game runs at 1080p, and renders at 30fps with motion blur…We’ve found that going to 60fps doesn’t have a hugely beneficial impact, and people in testing have told us that the game actually looks better at 30fps with motion blur.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...-better-60fps/
Here is what they said about this decision back then.

In my opinion, one of the worst directions they took with the franchise. It might have "looked beter" but there is no way it actually played better.

No idea why they actually decided to do this other than the game probably looking a little better this way and maybe being an easier sell. I really don't know.

I'm fully expecting this to be changed for the next game. It never made any sense to anyone that actually plays these games, not "testing".

Last edited by Yaari; 10-04-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

60FPS is something I've wanted and have been asking for since UFC1. I am primarily a PC gamer and only play my PS4 for the exclusives. I run a GTX 1080 with an i7 7700k on my PC with a 144hz monitor, so 30FPS looks absolutely stone-age atrocious to me, and the motion blur is hideous, I don't care what anyone says. The motion blur garbles the scene and ALSO uses a moderate amount of GPU rendering power since it is a post-processing effect. It's basically a cover-up many devs use to mask how juttery naked 30FPS is.

I can't give any info on whether or not this is coming, but I can tell you that every single dev I've talked to on the team knows that this is a big deal to me, and I also believe Kenetic and ZHunter are on board as well.

While EA UFC is a sports game, it is also a 1v1 fighting game, and virtually all serious, competitive fighting games (Tekken, Street Fighter etc) run at 60hz - so in order to be taken seriously by that crowd, 60FPS is essential, and yeah 30FPS with motion blur feels juttery enough by itself, but when you play something at 60 - 144hz for a few hours and then go BACK to 30? Feels like you are gouging out your eyes with ice cream scoopers.

I love this franchise, but its biggest weaknesses, in my opinion, are not related to gameplay. They are technical issues that completely kill my enjoyment, like juttery 30FPS, the hideous blur, and the insane lag you can sometimes encounter online. I come from the land of buttery smooth 144hz and dedicated servers, so this kind of performance (local and online) is pretty revolting to me and something I'm personally beating the drum very hard to get addressed

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 10-04-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
It hasn't been officially confirmed but you can bet your *** the PS4 Pro version will have 4k and HDR support, so yes. If I were you I'd get the Pro.
I have no idea at this point there is no guarantee that there will be 4k and HDR support given the other EA Sports games. Madden and FIFA have both but NHL and NBA Live dont have either. Fingers crossed that they will have both of them. I hate playing without HDR on my OLED.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »