Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Xbox One X Enhancements confirmed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Xbox One X Enhancements confirmed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #25
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Xbox One X Enhancements confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Are you trolling? I really hope you’re trolling
Yh he's just trolling lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #26
Banned

Kasel's Arena

For the record, I'm not trying to troll anyone or hurt anyones feelings especially not GPD who obviously deserves so much respect for all his hard work on UFC 2 and I'd bet my house that what he did with UFC 3's striking will probably be what I'll love the most about UFC 3.. BUT, I stand behind my statement on Undisputed being not twice but three times more complex than EA UFC 2, and I hope to god that GPD's cocky putin gif is targeted on UFC 3 being more complex (and generally better in literally every way) than Undisputed and not what we've seen from the devs so far (UFC 1 and 2).

Again, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings and I don't think I am (because who the f am I anyway and why should you care right?) it's just my opinion, not trying to be disrespectful to anybody or troll anybody, and I also stand behind my statement I repeated over and over since the old days of the EA forums (under the username X-Boxer-5) that THERE IS NO GOOD REASON/EXCUSE for EA UFC to be in 30fps after what we've seen from a much smaller dev team in Yuke's under THQ.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #27
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

I think most are hoping for 60fps along with you.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:28 PM   #28
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
For the record, I'm not trying to troll anyone or hurt anyones feelings especially not GPD who obviously deserves so much respect for all his hard work on UFC 2 and I'd bet my house that what he did with UFC 3's striking will probably be what I'll love the most about UFC 3.. BUT, I stand behind my statement on Undisputed being not twice but three times more complex than EA UFC 2, and I hope to god that GPD's cocky putin gif is targeted on UFC 3 being more complex (and generally better in literally every way) than Undisputed and not what we've seen from the devs so far (UFC 1 and 2).

Again, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings and I don't think I am (because who the f am I anyway and why should you care right?) it's just my opinion, not trying to be disrespectful to anybody or troll anybody, and I also stand behind my statement I repeated over and over since the old days of the EA forums (under the username X-Boxer-5) that THERE IS NO GOOD REASON/EXCUSE for EA UFC to be in 30fps after what we've seen from a much smaller dev team in Yuke's under THQ.
The only reason EA UFC 2 was 30 fps was because of rendering features.

And the rendering in EA UFC is on a completely different level of complexity compared to Undisputed because of the features and capabilities of the new console generation (this has nothing to do with the competency of the undisputed engineers at all).

So to say that EA UFC should run at 60 fps based solely on the fact that Undisputed ran at 60 fps demonstrates complete ignorance on the subject matter.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #29
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The only reason EA UFC 2 was 30 fps was because of rendering features.

And the rendering in EA UFC is on a completely different level of complexity compared to Undisputed because of the features and capabilities of the new console generation (this has nothing to do with the competency of the undisputed engineers at all).

So to say that EA UFC should run at 60 fps based solely on the fact that Undisputed ran at 60 fps demonstrates complete ignorance on the subject matter.
Okay so if you don't mind, please correct what I misunderstood from these statements from the creative director himself Brian Hayes in an IGN interview: "EA UFC is running at 1080p. The game sim is running at 60FPS, but rendering at 30FPS with motion blur.”

Hayes explains that, after working on Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion (which rendered at 60FPS and 30FPS respectively) the team discovered that 60FPS didn’t have a hugely beneficial impact on gameplay, but motion blur had an “enormous impact on visual quality.”

“In fact, when we focus tested the two, the majority of people preferred the 30FPS experience with motion blur,” said Hayes. “So, as opposed to arbitrarily jumping back to 60FPS for little discernible benefit, we decided to put those resources towards improving the visual presentation of the game in other ways.”

What I understood (misunderstood according to you which I take your word for) is that the 60fps option was possible but they decided that 60fps isn't beneficial enough to justify not enhancing the visuals, so basically the team chose graphics over gameplay is what I thought the case is. My English isn't perfect though I try to write as understandable as I can so please tell me what I misunderstood from his statements if you don't mind, thanks.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:15 PM   #30
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Okay so if you don't mind, please correct what I misunderstood from these statements from the creative director himself Brian Hayes in an IGN interview: "EA UFC is running at 1080p. The game sim is running at 60FPS, but rendering at 30FPS with motion blur.”

Hayes explains that, after working on Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion (which rendered at 60FPS and 30FPS respectively) the team discovered that 60FPS didn’t have a hugely beneficial impact on gameplay, but motion blur had an “enormous impact on visual quality.”

“In fact, when we focus tested the two, the majority of people preferred the 30FPS experience with motion blur,” said Hayes. “So, as opposed to arbitrarily jumping back to 60FPS for little discernible benefit, we decided to put those resources towards improving the visual presentation of the game in other ways.”

What I understood (misunderstood according to you which I take your word for) is that the 60fps option was possible but they decided that 60fps isn't beneficial enough to justify not enhancing the visuals, so basically the team chose graphics over gameplay is what I thought the case is. My English isn't perfect though I try to write as understandable as I can so please tell me what I misunderstood from his statements if you don't mind, thanks.
They chose graphics over rendering framerate, not graphics over gameplay.

The update rate of the gameplay and the rendering are separate from each other.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #31
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
For the record, I'm not trying to troll anyone or hurt anyones feelings especially not GPD who obviously deserves so much respect for all his hard work on UFC 2 and I'd bet my house that what he did with UFC 3's striking will probably be what I'll love the most about UFC 3.. BUT, I stand behind my statement on Undisputed being not twice but three times more complex than EA UFC 2.
Just out of curiosity, how much have you played EA UFC2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 11:47 PM   #32
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Just out of curiosity, how much have you played EA UFC2?
Few months, on and off, mostly off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »