Home

EA UFC 2 60FPS

This is a discussion on EA UFC 2 60FPS within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2017, 04:33 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 2 60FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
This isn't technically correct. All things equal, rendering 60 frames per second is more difficult for the hardware to to do than rendering 30 frames per second. So I'm not sure where you got that conclusion from.

Given that nothing else changes (resolution, anti-aliasing, shadow detail, etc.) rendering more frames on-screen requires more computations from the hardware from moment to moment.
You're 100% right and i'm not too sure why I worded it that way.

I guess I meant to say that if a game you're playing for example is reaching 60fps and beyond, that's because your hardware has the power to reach those speeds and if they can reach those speeds and keep them there comfortable, you're not going to be causing any more strain on your system compared to being at 30fps.

So if the ps4 and xbox one can easily reach 60fps and the devs decid to lock it at that, it's not going to cause the game or your console to lag more just because 'fps is a number so there for higher numbers mean more hardware usage' or something.

Hope i'm making more sense, not had much sleep, feel free to correct me if i'm super wrong!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 06:57 AM   #42
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus
You're 100% right and i'm not too sure why I worded it that way.

I guess I meant to say that if a game you're playing for example is reaching 60fps and beyond, that's because your hardware has the power to reach those speeds and if they can reach those speeds and keep them there comfortable, you're not going to be causing any more strain on your system compared to being at 30fps.

So if the ps4 and xbox one can easily reach 60fps and the devs decid to lock it at that, it's not going to cause the game or your console to lag more just because 'fps is a number so there for higher numbers mean more hardware usage' or something.

Hope i'm making more sense, not had much sleep, feel free to correct me if i'm super wrong!

So, higher numbers does mean more hardware usage, but all that matters is the measurable end result. If a console can maintain a stable 60FPS, then it doesn't matter if its increasing the hardware usage. It's a non-point. Stable 60FPS is stable 60FPS.

I think Dave's question was specifically about more FPS causing more network lag due to more information being transferred between users, and I tried to clarify that for him in my word salad. Basically, it comes down to the fact that in a 1v1 game, ping is the biggest lag culprit and the additional bandwidth needed to carry data between clients at 60FPS vs 30 is negligible in comparison.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #43
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam223
the only way that would be the case is if the online engine is somehow tied to the rendering engine which would be a HORRIBLE design. 99% of games decouple the online data from the graphics data to allow for lag, since that is an inevitable consequence of using the internet for gaming.

all game companies keep this in mind when designing a game, which is why almost all online games are 60 fps
So in PvP gaming the extra data from more frames doesn't matter in regards to lag? That makes zero sense to me, so I'm going to bow out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »