Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2017, 11:47 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
I suspect now it may just be a flat damage boost. Rather than Heavy Hands being more likely to cause stuns, now it may just be a 15% damage boost.
I can see that as a possibility. It would make more sense to do it that way. The perk system has been modified every game so far. So I'm interested to see how some of them work now, and if any were removed or added to the list.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:54 AM   #50
Rookie

Post Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Breakdown - Everything You Need To Know! (MartialMind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Ma man. YOU were the ONLY other person I was absolutely sure would be bothered by that and for good reason.

I'm personally hoping it was just bad camera angle. It also looked like a slight retreating side kick to the body and you can also throw that strike while advancing, so we'll see what happens, but that's definitely a strike to keep an eye on.
Im also hoping that it was a bad angle or something myself because it just really looked weird but hope to see how it comes along. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #51
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Hearing Martial be pleased about parries being dropped brought a smile to my face. That's what I'm talking about lol. Nice video, I'm so excited that I can finally stop playing UFC 2 soon.

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere, but can you tell us if the back dash has been tweaked any? I'd really like that to look a lot better. That being said, being able to sprint a bit to close distance will be huge.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #52
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Parries happen all that time. Don't believe me, watch fs1 tonight.

That said, they gone. You know what they say about spilled milk. Only get 10 seconds.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #53
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Parries happen all that time. Don't believe me, watch fs1 tonight.

That said, they gone. You know what they say about spilled milk. Only get 10 seconds.
Yeah having parries wasn't the problem itself, it was it's way too long counter window it gave you when getting one, and the high low making the parries happen way too often. I'd be down to see them again if it's counter window makes sense depending on the strike being parried, and it being a 4 way parry instead of simply high/low would make it so it happens less since you'd have to focus on it's timing and which button to press.

For exemple: Right hook being thrown to your head? R1+Square (since it comes your left)
Left hook to the head?: R1+Triangle (comes to your right)

To the body would be with R2 instead. And with kicks it would be the X and circle.

I've been asking for that for a while now.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 11-11-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #54
Banned

can u confirm 60 fps
Old 11-12-2017, 12:03 AM   #55
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I definitely wouldn't have had a problem with parries as long as they were JUST another way to avoid strikes instead of allowing a counter window. It would still be useful so you can avoid over using the block which can wear down and weaken. I think any MMA game needs a plethora of defensive measures, and it seems like this game may need all the defense you can find since the damage would be more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 01:09 AM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Hearing Martial be pleased about parries being dropped brought a smile to my face. That's what I'm talking about lol. Nice video, I'm so excited that I can finally stop playing UFC 2 soon.

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere, but can you tell us if the back dash has been tweaked any? I'd really like that to look a lot better. That being said, being able to sprint a bit to close distance will be huge.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Here's some backdash talk.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...o-ea-ufc3.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
If this game is striving for realism (which everything I've gathered and heard from gpd points to that) then defensive fighting and being conservative SHOULD be a huge part of being successful in the striking game if back dash is nerfed too hard we might have some problems.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
In UFC 2, throwing a strike out of a specific range results in an automatic lunge with the strike.

Everyone expects that lunge once you throw out of range, but the back dash kills that lunge... almost like it tricks the game into believing you're throwing from a much closer range, so the strike falls extremely short.

If the back dash didn't kill the lunge, BUT still made the strike miss, I believe people wouldn't have had an issue with it because at least the distance of your strike is not being ruined.

The distance you cover when you back dash is also quite a bit exaggerated and the animation is horrendous. The fighter just drags his feet and slides across the cage.... Personally, i'd rather deal with that than parries and double head kicks, but that's why the back dash could be really annoying and cheesy.

I don't suspect this will be the case for UFC3. Back dashing will still be an effective defensive tool, but it'll require more skill now and it's ALOT more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There are a lot of things that have changed that alter how back dash fits into the game.

Most of them fall under the broader category of "octagon control" or range management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I love to do range management in UFC 2 even though the fighter control feels pretty clunky. Really excited to see how that changed then.

Quote:
Yeah, you're in for a treat then.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-backdash.html

Quote:
In the game I'm playing, your best bet would be to continue moving forward until they get their back against the cage and then unload on them.

I wouldn't even throw a strike until they hit the cage or they try and circle out, in which case hit them with a strike from the side they're circling to, which will stop them dead in their tracks.

But then circling out doesn't really count as spamming backdash, so yeah just march them down until they have nowhere to go.
Quote:
You could sprint but if he's truly spamming that would be a dumb choice. Let him gas himself out and put his back on the cage.

Safest choice.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »