Home

New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV

This is a discussion on New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New UFC 3 PPV Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Yes knockdowns are different.
Do the knockdowns look good in your opinion? Just hope the ragdoll physics dont get too crazy in knockdowns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 11:10 AM   #26
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Re: New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV

Is there any reason why the leg kick seems useless if not worse for Lamas?
Old 11-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #27
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR

Is there any reason why the leg kick seems useless if not worse for Lamas?
Maybe GPD could correct me if I'm wrong, but that leg kick was thrown from too close.... Range is important on that kind of strike.

In real life, a leg kick, from that close as a fighter is moving in to punch won't be effective.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #28
Banned

Different, what does that mean? They aren't animated like in Fight Night and UFC 1 right? That would suck.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #29
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Ok, but Lamas does not even have time to put his guard, seems not fair, and i hope with a guy like Edson no matter the distance, his leg kicks will be efficient and generate a hit stun.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #30
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
How many flush Alistar Overeem thai clinch knee’s do you think someone could take?

Realistically speaking.
Depends on the fighter taking them, but i'll say one to two the most lol.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
fired up my old Sega Dreamcast the other day,already had UFC in there,so figured I would play for a few. It really hasn't aged well lol but still wasn't too painful to play. One thing I noticed is John McCarthy jumps in there and pulls you off! How the F you gonna have more referee interaction in a 20 year old MMA game than we do in a next gen MMA game with all this Mocap technology?

Holy crap I wasn’t sure if that many ppl on this forum remember that old a$$ game. Haha my brothers n I had a blast back then on the Dreamcast. Playing as Kevin randleman n the old Ufc man. Good times.

I do remember the refs pushing you off. But I feel like back then there were a lot less variables in the gameplay then there is now. N I agree while it would be awesome to get refs jumping in to break it up. I’m with yari on this one it’s a ton of work to do from how many finishing positions are in the game, its just a lower priority compared to making the other gameplay aspects better.

I remembered talking to Brian Hayes during he ea Ufc 1 event I went to n they were explaining
The reasoning why they didn’t have this in because I did ask about it n that’s basically the reason he gave me. Low priority. I also asked about cuts having an effect on stamina and he fight in general if we would get dr stoppages but he said with no mini game there’s no way to give you the chance to improve the cut. Otherwise it’d make the player feel cheated when they lost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 12:15 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

If the refs weren't in the cage for the fight and nobody on here posted about it it would probably take me months to ever notice. That's how long on the priority list that is for me relative to literally anything involving the fighter I'm controlling and the fighter I'm fighting.

One thing though, I really hope we get a good replay feature. It would mean tons of free advertising for EA when people put together awesome highlight packages of fights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »