Home

New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV

This is a discussion on New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #49
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: New EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer From UFC 217 PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
Aldo seems to be at very short distance on the first leg kick.

What bother me is that Holloway has to do nothing than just move forward to have a free shot on a successful leg kick, why not let the player do the button manipulation to earn that "free shot"?
let the player to Guard/check/absorb a leg kick.
Its not a fair comparison imo for a couple of reasons:

- We dont know what the leg damage was in the UD3 clip. That couldve been the 5th or 10th or 15th leg kick that Aldo gave to generate that hit reaction.

- As you know all leg kickers arent the same. Lamas's leg kicks arent at the level of a Barbosa or a Aldo and in UFC 3 they likely have less power than those two. So him landing at close range with a lower level leg kick shouldnt automatically generate a hit stun/reaction.

I want great kickers to stand out. I dont want a leg kick from Nik Lentz to have the same reaction as Aldo/Barbosa even if its unchecked. I dont want hit reactions or strike interruptions caused by leg kicks simple because a fighter landed an unchecked kick.

Also, I think we are jumping the gun a little bit. Its one kick out of context of the fight. Lets see what happens with the beta and see if this is a problem.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Since we saw a couple of knockdowns in the trailer, Nate getting knocked down against the cage for example, is that something you GameChangers or GPD can talk about? How have they changed from the previous game? Are you getting rocked every time you get knocked down? Can knockdowns happen without vulnerability?
Old 11-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #51
MVP

Re: New UFC 3 PPV Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its only been 3 years since the release of UFC 1. I know it feels longer but the game came out in summer 2014.

I want to be clear. I want this in the game. I've talked to the devs about adding this to the game. With that said, its low priority. You have to step outside of the forums. In the forums, people care about this feature. Outside of the forums, this isnt really considered hight priority.

Would everyone be happy if this was added? Sure but people arent buying the game based on whether the ref interacts with the fighters.
okay. you're right. but i can't believe that i should wait til EA UFC4 for get it. maybe 2 more years. so sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #52
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
How does the game pacing feel? EA MMA, which the striking reminds me of, wasn't the best about pacing.
I was wondering this too. Great question Fish
Old 11-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyzz
Since we saw a couple of knockdowns in the trailer, Nate getting knocked down against the cage for example, is that something you GameChangers or GPD can talk about? How have they changed from the previous game? Are you getting rocked every time you get knocked down? Can knockdowns happen without vulnerability?
There are new KO and rocked animations. I cant say for sure that all of the old ones are gone but I definitely saw new ones.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
There are new KO and rocked animations. I cant say for sure that all of the old ones are gone but I definitely saw new ones.
yeah, new ko animations looks great to me. especially, koed seated against the cage is awesome. can you answer about the tko scenario on ea ufc3? the recover system is gone? i really want to see block or sway on the ground is only way when someone recovery from knock down.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
yeah, new ko animations looks great to me. especially, koed seated against the cage is awesome. can you answer about the tko scenario on ea ufc3? the recover system is gone? i really want to see block or sway on the ground is only way when someone recovery from knock down.
Cant answer this one because things couldve changed in the 3 mos since I played the game last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Cant answer this one because things couldve changed in the 3 mos since I played the game last.
thanks for answer. does ur mean that there was nothing changed from ea ufc2 when you played the game, right? the recover fill up circle still there. hmm...... it was the worst thing in ea ufc2, imo.

Last edited by tissues250; 11-05-2017 at 02:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »