Home

So...have clinch and ground been at least tweaked?

This is a discussion on So...have clinch and ground been at least tweaked? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So...have clinch and ground been at least tweaked?

Have they at least made clinch and ground more fluid and responsive? Cause in UFC 2 it's a bit muddy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
Pro

Re: So...have clinch and ground been at least tweaked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozoog
Have they at least made clinch and ground more fluid and responsive? Cause in UFC 2 it's a bit muddy.
They said they didn't do much about the ground, but the way MartialMind has been harping about how horrible the clinch was in UFC2 I hope they changed that at least
Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
MVP

I really hope they revamped the clinch locomotion but it not gonna happened, imo. i think, it will exactly same as ea ufc2. UD3 was close to perfect about that. fluid pushing movement based on strength stat. it looks awesome.

Spoiler

Last edited by tissues250; 11-07-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

As far as the ground goes, I'm just hoping for more realistic gnp. There were angles strikes could be thrown that just shouldn't end fights only after 2 or 3 strikes, esp when no damage was taken prior. This is one of the few things they could reference from EA MMA.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I really hope they revamped the clinch locomotion but it not gonna happened, imo. i think, it will exactly same as ea ufc2. UD3 was close to perfect about that. fluid pushing movement based on strength stat. it looks awesome.

Spoiler
UD3 had it right definitely. It looked way more fluid than the "dashing animation" we got in the past 2 ea ufc's. It just looked ugly imo. I just hope that they got fluid movement like walking instead of those dashing animations we got.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I for one am a bit worried that Ground and Clinch didn't get much love.

Hoping I'm absolutely wrong though!!

A few key areas I'd like to see improved:

* Scramble Mechanics --- Many takedowns/clinches either result from a scramble, or result IN a scramble --- would be really awesome to have this mechanic in-game (but please, no button mashing or 'shining' of controller hahahah)

* Actual DAMAGE in Single Collar/etc. --- I always was frustrated in UFC 2 that I could land dozens of (pre-USADA ) Johny Hendricks Uppercuts in Single-Collar.....and pretty much do no damage at all. Yes, MT Knee and MT Elbows could do serious damage, but Single Collar uppercuts/etc ---- might as well be a pillow-fight lol

* I also feel that Double Underhooks was always massively underpowered. Especially if you're a high-powered wrestler (Yoel Romero or Khabib, Randy Couture maybe) --- if you get Double Unders on someone, you should be able to control them very well and score pretty easy takedowns. I felt that Double Underhooks was all-but-useless in UFC 2 (had some cool suplexes though lol)

* While I don't hate the submission mini-game in UFC 2, would love to see it evolve more. A little more difficult to see submissions coming; but on the other hand, missing/failing a submission can really hurt you badly (losing position/etc) --- some of these elements were in UFC 2 so hopefully they're being built upon
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »