Home

Ok so what's everyones biggest concern/worry about UFC 3

This is a discussion on Ok so what's everyones biggest concern/worry about UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ok so what's everyones biggest concern/worry about UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
I remember opening more than 1 thread about this since EA UFC 1, the G&P is so bad I always feel like a win gets taken away from me when I accidentally stop my opponent because there's 0 satisfaction in it.

I always try to let my opponent up before a ground finish (G&P or Submission, both feel terrible) even in ranked.

In terms of submissions I'm at least very happy to see how tight the choke really looked in that short clip of Edgar choking out Swanson from the rear.

I just hope to god they at least made it a bit more crisp for strikes on the ground, it almost looks WWE kind of fake like they're pulling back the punches, and they're slow af too
If the striking has improved in stand up as much as they say , they cannot get away with the same striking movements on the ground as ufc 2 . This will simply look awkward then. Maybe one of the devs can clarify on this? Do the strikes on the ground look more powerful and fluid also?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny2
If the striking has improved in stand up as much as they say , they cannot get away with the same striking movements on the ground as ufc 2 . This will simply look awkward then. Maybe one of the devs can clarify on this? Do the strikes on the ground look more powerful and fluid also?
This is very true. But I expect some improvements there. The animations of GNP and even some of the submissions in UFC were painfully generic/outdated looking. Especially some of the KO animations.

The science of ground fighting needs to be improved for the game, not the system that they have. You couldn't even block punches from certain positions in UFC 2, not that it mattered since you couldn't be KO'd from those positions either. It was an odd gameplay choice. With UFC 3, it seems like they have put a lot of effort into trying to make every strike feel meaningful. I just hope they do that same thing on the ground. BIG shots on the ground should be hard to actually land, since you rarely see them land in the real thing. It should be pretty freaking hard to KO people on the ground (if you're not finishing them from a knockdown), not so incredibly easy that you can do it by accident, like in UFC 2.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #67
Rookie

When defending the pound in the ground state, I am concerned as to whether the upper body can be waved while guarding it. In UD 3, this was done.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #68
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysjoooji
When defending the pound in the ground state, I am concerned as to whether the upper body can be waved while guarding it. In UD 3, this was done.
You referring to ground sways? That would be pretty cool if ground sways are in,at least in some defensive ground positions

Last edited by Rolltide1980; 11-08-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #69
Pro

Clinch still being too stationary, no actual walking in the clinch...
Ground sways.
Not being able to block on the ground in certain positions like ea ufc 2.
Not being able to be rocked on the ground.
To name a few.
Oh yeah and "finish the fight" it NEEDS to change.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:06 AM   #70
Pro

I'll make a short video, but a small concern is no ability to move while on your back. I was able to do people dirty on EA UFC 2 because they had no defense except to hold block, kick from their back, parry from their back. Some people I was litterally able to get almost 20 knockdowns on them back to back because they couldn't stop my attacks when they tried to stand up.

UFC Undisputed allowed players the ability to crawl away or towards their opponents. But they also allowed the ability to pull off a sneaky takedown from off their back as well.

This system was also useable while in ground grappling positions as well to try and get yourself towards the cage to help you kick off the cage or cage walk back to a standing position. The top player was able to stop the bottom players movements to lure him away from the cage so he can't cage walk or try kicking off to change position.

I'm hoping EA UFC 3 gave the person on their back a better means of game plans instead of having to take beatings like that.

Especially with getting up like that may have some vulnerability window. We'll see soon enough.

I don't think it will be a big issue but it would help out those elements of the game, that way no part of the game is forced into stationary positions.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #71
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

^^^^ UFC 1 had takedowns from your back when opponent was standing. That was nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 01:40 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
^^^^ UFC 1 had takedowns from your back when opponent was standing. That was nice.

UFC 1 had butt scooting across the octagon

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »