Home

one crucial question about UFC3

This is a discussion on one crucial question about UFC3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 AM   #17
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: one crucial question about UFC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus
Devs going around confirming and denying features left right and centre while the game is still being actively worked on is a real bad idea and always has been on larger scale games with big teams of people working on the same project.

Something they believe is going to be changed could be cut later down the line for something like reaching deadlines, and if that's the case the community would be in uproar about it, so it's a fine line between being quiet about a certain features you can't really speak on or being transparent about the features you know will 100% be in the game.

Not to mention i'm sure there's some sort of NDA mixed in there somewhere too.
This is spot on.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #18
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
I really try to avoid getting into conflicts on the forums or replying to posts like this, but this is just that bad.

You're either grossly underestimating the passion video game developers
Why would we spend years of our lives working on a product, putting in numerous hours of overtime, engaging with the community on a personal level, and putting our names on something millions of people will play if we "don't care."
As a guy who worked in the industry for about 10 years, I can say that it's certainly not for the money, that's for sure
Old 11-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #19
Banned

Don't know why people still hating on the devs. GPD is really reading the forum almost daily. Skynet also spends quite some time here and some other official guys as well. They are trying to get feedback for UFC3 by listening to our ideas, listening to Game Changer opinions and suggestions. Who does that?

They really tried fixing bugs and cheese in UFC 2, too. Tbh UFC2 was hot garbage on release.

What else can a gamer ask for? Keep up the good work. I hope UFC3 will shut the haters up for good.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Don't know why people still hating on the devs. GPD is really reading the forum almost daily. Skynet also spends quite some time here and some other official guys as well. They are trying to get feedback for UFC3 by listening to our ideas, listening to Game Changer opinions and suggestions. Who does that?

They really tried fixing bugs and cheese in UFC 2, too. Tbh UFC2 was hot garbage on release.

What else can a gamer ask for? Keep up the good work. I hope UFC3 will shut the haters up for good.
THIS. I have played a lot of game but i haven't seen devs like them. they are great devs for players. we have to respect them.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #21
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
However, you and GameDev both commented on this post, and neither actually answered the question.
We are both gameplay engineers, we answer gameplay questions when we feel it's appropriate to do so.

Because we are gameplay devs, we can make that judgement relatively well ourselves when the topic involves gameplay.

We are not going to comment on other people's areas, unless someone in that area has commented publicly already.

It's not our place to do so.

If you want to know about match making and online lag improvements, ask one of the developers or producers who work in those areas (they may not answer for their own reasons) or wait for the official release of information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #22
Pro

What do we have here, 2 or 3 devs that post. There's probably another 30 that look at this place and intelligently don't partake. I'm sure GPD and Skynet get, "See what happens when you feed the animals?" from the rest of the devs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
What do we have here, 2 or 3 devs that post. There's probably another 30 that look at this place and intelligently don't partake. I'm sure GPD and Skynet get, "See what happens when you feed the animals?" from the rest of the devs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
More than 2 or 3 post here. I think I've seen a total of 7 but GPD and Skynet are the only ones who post regularly. Not everyone feels like dealing with back and forth that comes from communicating with the community.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
We are both gameplay engineers, we answer gameplay questions when we feel it's appropriate to do so.

Because we are gameplay devs, we can make that judgement relatively well ourselves when the topic involves gameplay.

We are not going to comment on other people's areas, unless someone in that area has commented publicly already.

It's not our place to do so.

If you want to know about match making and online lag improvements, ask one of the developers or producers who work in those areas (they may not answer for their own reasons) or wait for the official release of information.
Understood! I hope that came off as inquisitive, and how I saw the disconnect.

It makes perfect sense to me now. I also admitted that all that other stuff was beyond my understanding. It now makes sense, being it’s a totally different group from gameplay development.

Anyway, just hope that came across the right way. Thanks for the frank response

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »