Home

Confirmed EA UFC 3 Roster

This is a discussion on Confirmed EA UFC 3 Roster within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Confirmed EA UFC 3 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
I wasn't trying to debate who the greatest martial artist ever is, as I don't care. My point was that most casual people are going to associate Bruce Lee with martial arts as opposed to anyone else. Hence, him making sense being a playable character.

Punk being in the game sucks because it's at the expense of someone more important than him. I want the game to reflect what I'll be watching, or have watched in the UFC. Mike Perry was a good example by someone, as he's a guy who has been KO'ing people for the past year and a half or so, and fighting on cards consistently. He is a relevant professional fighter who may challenge for a belt someday. CM Punk will never be a relevant professional fighter, because he isn't a professional fighter. What's likely to happen is, he'll book another fight at some point, Dana will cave to letting him fight again, then he gets injured in camp and that's the end of him. Save the CM Punk's of the world for CAF.

Again...I get why Punk is in the game. Doesn't mean I won't make fun of it, because it's very ridiculous.
Realistically we don't know if Punk is the worst at WW, we just know he's not one of the top guys. He lost to Mickey Gall who's a legit up and comer and could be a top guy in a few years. Gall also beat Northcutt, who also is a legit up and comer and I don't think anyone would argue that Northcutt deserves to be in the UFC. Not every guy the UFC signs has the potential to be the best in that weightclass, some guys are just there to fill the roster and who better to do that than a big name like CM Punk, but there's no evidence to show that he's the worst at WW either. In the gall fight he showed he can take a punch if nothing else, but the reason everyone thinks he shouldn't be in the UFC is because he's a big name, people don't tend to watch the other guys that are also pretty bad in the division aswell.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
I wasn't trying to debate who the greatest martial artist ever is, as I don't care. My point was that most casual people are going to associate Bruce Lee with martial arts as opposed to anyone else. Hence, him making sense being a playable character.

Punk being in the game sucks because it's at the expense of someone more important than him. I want the game to reflect what I'll be watching, or have watched in the UFC. Mike Perry was a good example by someone, as he's a guy who has been KO'ing people for the past year and a half or so, and fighting on cards consistently. He is a relevant professional fighter who may challenge for a belt someday. CM Punk will never be a relevant professional fighter, because he isn't a professional fighter. What's likely to happen is, he'll book another fight at some point, Dana will cave to letting him fight again, then he gets injured in camp and that's the end of him. Save the CM Punk's of the world for CAF.

Again...I get why Punk is in the game. Doesn't mean I won't make fun of it, because it's very ridiculous.
I don't get the sense it's at the expense of anyone else because...

1) It appears that every year the goal is to GROW the roster. It's like not like they have to make room for someone. If they want someone in the game they will simply put them in the game.

2) All those Bellator guys will probably be gone. So there are spots available to swap a new guy in even if they did have to keep the number of guys in the game at the same exact number.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 02:01 PM   #35
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

David Teymur, Lando Vannata
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #36
MVP

I'm really curious to see how they handle potential up and comers and how fans react.

I want all the established guys in of course.

But I also kind of wants guys I haven't heard of who the UFC thinks could be good in as well, even if maybe they only have 1 or 2 wins and have only fought on the prelims.

This is how you sort of end the problem of Mike Perry. I'm sure the UFC knew this guy was a character with KO power when they scouted him. They just didn't know if he'd win or get as good as he has right away. So I'd love them to take a chance and put some no names (to us) in and take some chances.

The problem becomes the Leo Santos problem we had last year. In fairness, Santos' record is pretty good, he had just KO'ed Kevin Lee and he had been featured on a Barazilian version of TUF. I could see why they added him. He could have been on the verge of something special and if he had done it IRL we'd be grateful he's in and didn't have to wait a game to use him.

But the Lee fight didn't propel him to new heights and he gets royally sh***** on in these forums, so it makes it less likely they can truly get ahead of things with up and comers unless they get to the point where basically the whole roster gets in (which will only happen with an expanded budget and agenda of updating the roster at the level of Madden and NBA 2K).

Old 11-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #37
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Doesn't Perry already have like 4 fights? He's in the game, don't worry.

Last edited by Dave_S; 11-15-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Doesn't Perry already have like 4 fights? He's in the game, don't worry.

I know he is for this game. I was just using him as an example for this time last year or right after launch.

Let me try and use a real example for this game right now.

On UFC 218 there is a guy named Dominick Reyes fighting on the prelims. He's 7-0 with 5 knockouts, he's 27 and he fights at light heavyweight (a division that could use some fresh blood).

As a guy who likes to run a solid offline universe mode where I matchmaker guys with rankings and hierarchy and climbing the ladder to a title shot in mind, this is the kind of guy I need.

Will he be in the game? Probably not and I understand why. But he has some potential on paper and this time a year and a half from now when we are done patching guys in, if this guy has gone on a 3 fight win streak, he might be a guy that gets left out and we all have to wait for UFC 4 (hypothetically).

Old 11-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I know he is for this game. I was just using him as an example for this time last year or right after launch.

Let me try and use a real example for this game right now.

On UFC 218 there is a guy named Dominick Reyes fighting on the prelims. He's 7-0 with 5 knockouts, he's 27 and he fights at light heavyweight (a division that could use some fresh blood).

As a guy who likes to run a solid offline universe mode where I matchmaker guys with rankings and hierarchy and climbing the ladder to a title shot in mind, this is the kind of guy I need.

Will he be in the game? Probably not and I understand why. But he has some potential on paper and this time a year and a half from now when we are done patching guys in, if this guy has gone on a 3 fight win streak, he might be a guy that gets left out and we all have to wait for UFC 4 (hypothetically).

Thats too risky. Reyes could get KOd in his first two fights in cut by the UFC in 2018. The art team will then have wasted weeks/months creating him. The dev team wasted weeks make a moveset/ratings/perks for a guy that they wont be able to use in more than 1 game and who most gamers dont know or care was in the game.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats too risky. Reyes could get KOd in his first two fights in cut by the UFC in 2018. The art team will then have wasted weeks/months creating him. The dev team wasted weeks make a moveset/ratings/perks for a guy that they wont be able to use in more than 1 game and who most gamers dont know or care was in the game.
Right but thats my point. I know I'm weird but I would appreciate that they took that risk and wouldn't act like it was some travesty that he got put in.

That's why when people complain that somebody isn't in when it's obviously a matter of timing, people will also complain that Santos made it in. He was clearly an example of the game trying to get ahead of the roster/budget limitations and they got skewered on the efforts.

A more appreciative and educated fan base should appreciate them trying to put talents like Reyes in the game that can actually maybe educate them about a guy who is about to make a run in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »