Home

Confirmed EA UFC 3 Roster

This is a discussion on Confirmed EA UFC 3 Roster within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Confirmed EA UFC 3 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Right but thats my point. I know I'm weird but I would appreciate that they took that risk and wouldn't act like it was some travesty that he got put in.

That's why when people complain that somebody isn't in when it's obviously a matter of timing, people will also complain that Santos made it in. He was clearly an example of the game trying to get ahead of the roster/budget limitations and they got skewered on the efforts.

A more appreciative and educated fan base should appreciate them trying to put talents like Reyes in the game that can actually maybe educate them about a guy who is about to make a run in real life.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The problem is we don’t have an appreciative and educated fan base as a whole. I’m glad you mentioned Santos because he is a great example. When they decided to make him he was a TUF Brazil winner and coming off of a KO of Kevin Lee.

But he gets injured and doesn’t fight for a while and people start complaining about how there were so many other fighters who should’ve been chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats too risky. Reyes could get KOd in his first two fights in cut by the UFC in 2018. The art team will then have wasted weeks/months creating him. The dev team wasted weeks make a moveset/ratings/perks for a guy that they wont be able to use in more than 1 game and who most gamers dont know or care was in the game.

It’s funny I actually live in Victorville where dom Reyes and his brother Alex Reyes are from, both fight in the Ufc

My wife actually went to school with Alex. I think he’s the one that just fought Perry in his last fight when his opponent backed out last sec. he ended up getting tkod but fighting Perry on 2 days notice is pretty ballsy.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:03 PM   #43
Rookie

Is Julian Lane already confirmed for the stand up mode?
Old 11-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny2
Is Julian Lane already confirmed for the stand up mode?
If only Julian Lane was a signed UFC fighter.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #45
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
The problem is we don’t have an appreciative and educated fan base as a whole. I’m glad you mentioned Santos because he is a great example. When they decided to make him he was a TUF Brazil winner and coming off of a KO of Kevin Lee.

But he gets injured and doesn’t fight for a while and people start complaining about how there were so many other fighters who should’ve been chosen.

What about Sean O'connell? Jake Mathews? Who asked for these people? Literally no one.

There really is so many better/ more popular fighters you could have put in instead of guys like that.

I'm curious, EA has to have the data somewhere; of what the actual pick rate is for those fighters. I'v literally never seen anyone pick them. You're telling me, if they put someone like Thiago Santos, or Alex Oliveira in the game instead, no one would pick them? Yeah right.. I'd be willing to bet that they'd get picked all the time.

They made some extremely weird decisions with DLC fighters in UFC 2.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #46
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
If only Julian Lane was a signed UFC fighter.
BKB Middle Weight Champ.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 11-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
What about Sean O'connell? Jake Mathews? Who asked for these people? Literally no one.

There really is so many better/ more popular fighters you could have put in instead of guys like that.

I'm curious, EA has to have the data somewhere; of what the actual pick rate is for those fighters. I'v literally never seen anyone pick them. You're telling me, if they put someone like Thiago Santos, or Alex Oliveira in the game instead, no one would pick them? Yeah right.. I'd be willing to bet that they'd get picked all the time.

To be fair, I really like having the lesser known fighters on the game.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

I didnt choose these fighters so I dont know why you are asking me but I'll give it a shot.

Jake Matthews was 4-1 and a pretty popular Australian fighter (other than Whittaker and Hunt, the game didnt have that many). He's struggled since then but at the time wasnt a bad addition.

Sean OConnell: the only argument can be made for him was he had 2 fight of the nights and LHW doesnt have alot of fighters in it so that was a division that needed more people.

Oliveria and Santos wouldve been solid additions but that doesnt mean they were high in demand or that it was a travesty that they were added. The main reason the game adds these lower fighters is for offline depth primarily. They dont expect people online to pick Matthews or O'Connell regularly. I dont think people wouldve chosen Oliveria or Santos much either going off of how fighters were rated in UFC 2 and that most people only picked the top 10 in each division anyway.

Anyway, thats just my two cents. I can guarantee people are going to have complaints about someone being in the roster who shouldnt be or someone who was left off the roster. Until the game has all 500 UFC fighters in it, some people will have complaints and thats fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »