Home

Ragdoll knockouts

This is a discussion on Ragdoll knockouts within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ragdoll knockouts

Yh I wanna see some ko's where ppl go stiff as a plank
Old 11-10-2017, 02:01 AM   #10
Rookie

This is one of my biggest concerns with the upcoming game. I love seeing intelligent knockdowns where fighters are able to get their bearings, but I would take ragdoll KOs every day of the week over that. What I really want to see is toned down ragdoll animations that don't send the entire body launching across the cage.

Having ragdoll animations that legitimately replicate a fighter getting put down is something at the top of my priorities. It's a key moment for fights that takes you out of the moment when done poorly.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:08 AM   #11
MVP

ragdoll physics should be toned down. it looks like TAKKEN or action movie. i think, it was one of the worst part in ea ufc2.

Spoiler

Last edited by tissues250; 11-10-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 03:34 AM   #12
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I don't know why people like ragdoll so much. I prefer realistic looking knockouts. I'd settle for ragdoll only in knockout situation, and not knockdown. (With the exception of knockdowns where dudes roll backwards and try to pop back up on their feet or similar situations)
Old 11-10-2017, 05:55 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I don't know why people like ragdoll so much. I prefer realistic looking knockouts. I'd settle for ragdoll only in knockout situation, and not knockdown. (With the exception of knockdowns where dudes roll backwards and try to pop back up on their feet or similar situations)
People like ragdoll because it makes every knockout/knockdown different, it makes your fights unique, and it opens up a few different scenarios that couldn't be done as smoothly with just animations.

Personally, seeing the same knockout/knockdown animations after a few hours of play kills some of the replayability of the game, knowing that no matter what you do or how you throw your punches or kicks, your knockout will just be the exact same in the next hour or so just seems so "last gen" with the tech we have to make it work now.

I personally loved the ragdoll system that was used on UFC 2, a lot of people like to pick out the extreme examples but seem to forget how much more realistic the knockouts and knockdowns look as a whole compared to UFC 1, just because someone scored a uppercut one time and sent their opponent in to a backflip doesn't mean it's not a good system, it just needs some polish and tweaking so we can all get the perfect balance.

Last edited by TheVirus; 11-10-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:22 AM   #14
Banned

Absolutely. Knockouts are 100% unique with Ragdoll effect. Looking forward to the new system.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:43 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I don't have a huge issue with ragdoll KOs. It definitely has it's bizarre moments but it wasn't too often. But I don't remember seeing stiffed KO's like Barboza did below.

I know this was one other thing EA MMA did really well. I'm hoping to see this more in EA UFC. They did say the KO's in UFC 3 will have a mix of both.

EA MMA had them more frequently but they were possible in both EA UFC 1 & 2.

I feel like we will see this more in EA UFC 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2017, 07:15 AM   #16
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
EA MMA had them more frequently but they were possible in both EA UFC 1 & 2.

I feel like we will see this more in EA UFC 3.
I actually don’t mind that one where they go super stiff. Only issue I had was that it got repetitive fast. Something like that with a bit smoother transition between the hands being up and then being down would be awesome since there’s a mix of both in UFC 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »