Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer - Real Player Motion Tech

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Trailer - Real Player Motion Tech within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #49
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New UFC 3 trailer

On the trailer, Cody does a side sway and not a forward sway?
Old 11-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #50
Pro

The Real Player Motion Tech trailer is working I just watched it and added it to the collection.I just want the Beta already. I need to get my hands on this beast. After the beta is over the offline modes I'll be playing until we get EA UFC 3.

It's really good to see the striking in motion. I've only seen brief glances of footwork, but footwork now looks like it might have level changes of speed based on the range you're at like EA MMA had. But I can't say for sure if it's like that or not. The GC's know for sure.

I hope it does because it effected the animation of footwork when slowly advancing. Which The AI actually used. Instead of just rushing at you every start of the bell.

The sidekick Wonderboy used was nice because it looked like it was showing new hit reactions from such kicks like GDP showed us with Gif images of what could happen from teep kicks now.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #51
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
On the trailer, Cody does a side sway and not a forward sway?
I know.(or was it a question? I'd say from the angle shown its pretty hard to distinguish but I'm pretty darn sure it's a slip to the side.) But he also gets caught by a high kick. If the localization thing you talk about ends up being true, then it's just a matter of his kick having located his head slipping to the side while a hick kick was thrown. A body kick turned into a high kick due to head movement is very rarely seen (hell you'd have to have some Pernell Whitaker kind of head movement), even then it's more likely that someone goes for a takedown and then gets caught by a knee that was meant to the mid section or the very rarely seen (once or twice I think in the UFC?) spinning back kick to the mid section that ends up cathing someone on the chin while leaning forward for a takedown.

Pretty sure the trailer was meant to show that leaning into a strike will be much more costly this time around.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 11-10-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #52
Rookie

I saw it last night. I knew someone messed up. You guys were on it tho haha

I liked it I think they’re just showing off the sways.nice to get a few more confirmations on fighters.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #53
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
I know. But he also gets caught by a high kick. If the localization thing you talk about ends up being true, then it's just a matter of his kick having located his head slipping to the side while a hick kick was thrown. A body kick turned into a high kick due to head movement is very rarely seen (hell you'd have to have some Pernell Whitaker kind of head movement), even then it's more likely that someone goes for a takedown and then gets caught by a knee that was meant to the mid section or the very rarely seen (once or twice I think in the UFC?) spinning back kick to the mid section that ends up cathing someone on the chin while leaning forward for a takedown.

Pretty sure the trailer was meant to show that leaning into a strike will be much more costly this time around.
Ok, thats good if its the case and we can see a forward sway can avoid a high kick like oezdmir does. In Ea Ufc 2, we had sometimes weird things with damage localisation.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #54
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Ok, thats good if its the case and we can see a forward sway can avoid a high kick like oezdmir does. In Ea Ufc 2, we had sometimes weird things with damage localisation.
It was a retreating side sway in the trailer when cody got caught.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #55
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Is a body/leg shot avoid sways?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #56
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Is a body/leg shot avoid sways?
If you're asking if body or leg kicks can be avoided by swaying, the answer is no.

But they can be avoided using lunges.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »