Home

I attempted to beat Undisputed 3's Ultimate AI Anderson Silva with striking only.

This is a discussion on I attempted to beat Undisputed 3's Ultimate AI Anderson Silva with striking only. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 AM   #25
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I attempted to beat Undisputed 3's Ultimate AI Anderson Silva with striking only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
What, is Weidman or Sonnen not in UD3?
Chael is, at LHW I believe (or I just skipped past him at MW).

Weidman isn’t. UD3 came out in Feb. 2012, not sure how relevant he was at the time. Although I know in 2012 he got some really marquee wins that propelled him into that title shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #26
Pro

Re: I attempted to beat Undisputed 3's Ultimate AI Anderson Silva with striking only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Chael is, at LHW I believe (or I just skipped past him at MW).

Weidman isn’t. UD3 came out in Feb. 2012, not sure how relevant he was at the time. Although I know in 2012 he got some really marquee wins that propelled him into that title shot.
Chael is only at MW in UD3, with some of the worst sub defense in the game hahaha
Old 11-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #27
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I was just joking, I thought it might be easier beat Silva in striking with one of those two, cause, you know....
Old 11-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #28
Pro

Pride Chuck Liddell you could probably take the spider. Chuck's straight punch is fast and so his Chuck's overhand.
Machida's movesets is nice. But with all the counters, sways & strike catching Silva was doing it may be better to go with Chuck.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #29
MVP

UD3 was fantastic. Only flawed by the fact that the programmed move sets were so horrendously awful and unrealistic. I also don’t feel like the AI fought like the fighters they represent, but i felt they did so in 2010. I remember Lyoto Machida would always sit back and pick his shots while Clay Guida was a pure brawler.

I’ll pick UD3 over anything EA has put though. I still get an itch to run through career mode at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2017, 04:47 AM   #30
The One

EmazingErik's Arena

This video made me boot up UD 3. I'll be using Chael Sonnen for this challenge.

First match was a very fast paced fight, back and forth. Chael was getting clipped a lot during the fight. Chael drops Anderson with a left hook at the end of the second round. Third round, Anderson gets more aggressive and becomes hard to hit with the elusive head movement. Anderson catches Chael with a left hand and drops him. Relentless ground and pound from Anderson finishes Chael in the third round via TKO.

Second match, Chael peppers Anderson with light strikes to the head and body. Anderson answers back with knees and elbows that make chael backpedal to the cage. Chael moves forward, Anderson throws a left hand while Chael ducks down to throw and overhand left that drops Anderson at the end of the first round. Second round starts and Anderson again pushes the pace being more aggressive throwing heavy strikes. Chael defends well and counters with light strikes. Anderson leans to the left to dodge an incoming right hook from Chael and tries to counter with a left hook to the body but out of nowhere gets clipped with a left straight for Chael which drops Anderson out cold!

And your Newwwww middleweight champion of the wooooorld, Chael Sonnen!!!!

Man I love this game.

Edit: Here's the video I took on my phone of the ending. Also I'm not sure how to embed the video so here's the link instead.

https://youtu.be/IjhWhyZ1KqQ

Last edited by EmazingErik; 11-18-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:32 AM   #31
MVP

Forget Anderson, go to LHW and choose Jason Brillz vs Jon Jones, that's where the real fun begins!

Beat him on the 5th attempt with an uppercut counter against a low kick from Jones. Eventually figured out the best thing to do was catch the body kicks, counter with head strikes and use Brillz's dashing hook from range. Also to use the cage / keep Jones near it so I could shoot takedowns and even failed ones would be okay and use head strike catches & single collar clinch to muay thai plum to land quick knees in the clinch.

Don't even go to the ground with Jones and don't try and trade. Either block and counter, catch his kicks or make him miss then dashing hook. He will otherwise eat your face off with his elbows and spinning attacks.

EDIT: Time to take Jason Brillz through the rankings to the LHW gold!

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 11-18-2017 at 05:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2017, 06:28 AM   #32
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Forget Anderson, go to LHW and choose Jason Brillz vs Jon Jones, that's where the real fun begins!

Beat him on the 5th attempt with an uppercut counter against a low kick from Jones. Eventually figured out the best thing to do was catch the body kicks, counter with head strikes and use Brillz's dashing hook from range. Also to use the cage / keep Jones near it so I could shoot takedowns and even failed ones would be okay and use head strike catches & single collar clinch to muay thai plum to land quick knees in the clinch.

Don't even go to the ground with Jones and don't try and trade. Either block and counter, catch his kicks or make him miss then dashing hook. He will otherwise eat your face off with his elbows and spinning attacks.

EDIT: Time to take Jason Brillz through the rankings to the LHW gold!
Funnily enough I find Jones easier to cope with than Anderson. Jones is more aggressive and easier to counter whereas Silva is in the goddamn Matrix, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »