Home

Having a monitor is the best!

This is a discussion on Having a monitor is the best! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Having a monitor is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I have a 1ms monitor which makes all the difference when using crappy fighters, not so much when using guys like Khabib or Jon Jones. You can deny anything using those guys on any tv. I also have a 4K tv that is 13.1 ms and that gets the job done fine against most ppl. I always say that i’m gunna use my 1ms monitor more, but i love my big screen 4K tv.

Also when i bought my 4K tv it was at the time the lowest input for a 4K tv on the market at 13.1 ms. No other 4K tv high end or budget has a faster response time then mine. I thought that was cool.
Do you have an LG OLED? When I got my second one I was pleasantly surprised to see it had the best specs for playing PS4. At least that's what I recall. I want to try a monitor to see the difference for myself though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 09:06 PM   #26
Pro

Naive question of the day. If I get a monitor, does size matter (do bigger ones perform worse)? I have no idea what I'm looking for. I currently play on a 65 inch LG OLED on gaming mode, but I want to get a monitor to see the difference.

On a related note, and here is the really dumb question, is a monitor able to be used as a television too? In other words, can this be a second TV so I can watch two football games at once (if I have a second box connected to the monitor)?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Naive question of the day. If I get a monitor, does size matter (do bigger ones perform worse)? I have no idea what I'm looking for. I currently play on a 65 inch LG OLED on gaming mode, but I want to get a monitor to see the difference.

On a related note, and here is the really dumb question, is a monitor able to be used as a television too? In other words, can this be a second TV so I can watch two football games at once (if I have a second box connected to the monitor)?

Thanks
You are more likely to see 24" - 27" monitors that are 1ms. Not likely to find one bigger than that. You might find a 32". They typically have HDMI input so you can use it as a TV if you want.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
You are more likely to see 24" - 27" monitors that are 1ms. Not likely to find one bigger than that. You might find a 32". They typically have HDMI input so you can use it as a TV if you want.
Much appreciated. Thank you
Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #29
Pro

How do you find out the ms of your tv?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
I just googled best gaming large screen 4k tvs or something. This was definitely the same site. Click on the TV review and they go into really granular detail, way above my head

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/bes...age/hdr-gaming
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Try googling your model number followed by response rate or refresh rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 10:02 PM   #32
Pro

Hrm.. going by the site I found giving specs.. appearently my 55” tv has an 8ms lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »