Home

Having a monitor is the best!

This is a discussion on Having a monitor is the best! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2017, 04:55 AM   #41
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Having a monitor is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Big 4k pretty tv is decently slower than monitor.

I really want a 4k tv for horizon and good 4k games, plus movies. I'm just afraid I can't afford oled or qled and hdr or whatever.

My garbage flat screen looks nice, but nothing like the good tv technologies

If anyone that plays this is wealthy I'll train you in exchange for donations towards a tv. I'll get go fund me going.

If you need advice, i own a 65"4k OLED and a 32" 4K monitor.
Hit me up for help if you like i do it for free because i invested a lot time researching stuff over last couple years and picture quality tv are my passion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 06:07 AM   #42
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I've hooked up my PS4 to my monitor in anticipation for the beta. It's has like 10ms input lag I believe. Should still be an improvement over my TV. Mainly did it so I can get more matches in during the beta.

Hopefully I can upgrade sometime next year. It only has a 60hz refreshrate and I too want a 144hz one for more competitive PC games. It's a widescreen and I can't go back though, so options are limited. Waiting to see if CES 2018 has something interesting in its line-up for 2018.

Edit: More matches in the beta because now I don't have to exclusively play it in the living room. Has nothing to do with the monitor but more so with the shared TV my PS4 Pro is on.

Last edited by Yaari; 11-20-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #43
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Why should you get more matches in the beta because of the monitor?

Speaking of 144Hz monitors, people should be aware that consoles(dont know about XB1 X) are locked at 30 or 60Hz. The PC is a different thing. If your monitor is a 144Hz and the input from the console is 30/60Hz theres a Framerate Interpolation going on and if the FR Interpolation cant be turned off, it causes lag again = no sense = waisted money.

For the CES18 im also hoping for a price drop for HDR gaming monitors but i doubt it we get one.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:28 AM   #44
Rookie

One more question regarding these monitors, currently I have a ps4 and looking into the Benq rl2755 monitor which seems good for competitive gaming.
I was also looking for info regarding ps4 pro in combination with a 4k monitor. What do you guys think, is an upgrade to a ps4 pro with a 4k monitor really worth the upgrade in terms of performance for a game like ufc 3?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #45
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

It all depends on your budget and what you exactly want. Most low latency monitors have not as good picture quality as others and if they do, they are expensive.
Also if you want it really competetiv then you definitly want to have a TN Panel monitor like Asus or AOC produce and they are over 500$. I can give you an advice If you still keep your normal PS4 get yourself this one: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/aoc-g2...w-32991-9.html
For the PS4 Pro, us it on a 4K HDR big screen for then if you dont go so so masive copetetiv.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #46
Rookie

Do you think having a monitor would be worth it if I
play offline most the time? If it will make ufc 3 play better I'll buy one this week.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #47
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Angry Re: Having a monitor is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMMAzing1
Do you think having a monitor would be worth it if I
play offline most the time? If it will make ufc 3 play better I'll buy one this week.
Monitors are like a polish for your gameplay. Like someone of the guys befor sayed (big Cee or Zombie) it makes a good player better. You have to build your own opinion but i think singleplayer games or offline gaming is much better on a big screen with good picture quality. Every TV with a lag around 16-32 is playable when they have a good game mode, even online but it depends on you.

The game lag, thats our enemy and no matter how low your TV latency is, it wont help out to get the most expensive low lag monitor.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahonda
Monitors are like a polish for your gameplay. Like someone of the guys befor sayed (big Cee or Zombie) it makes a good player better. You have to build your own opinion but i think singleplayer games or offline gaming is much better on a big screen with good picture quality. Every TV with a lag around 16-32 is playable when they have a good game mode, even online but it depends on you.

The game lag, thats our enemy and no matter how low your TV latency is, it wont help out to get the most expensive low lag monitor.
What 4K tv around 400 to 500 $ would be the best for gaming on a Xbox one x? Which would have the least lag, ms, reaction time, best game mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »