Home

Having a monitor is the best!

This is a discussion on Having a monitor is the best! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #57
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Having a monitor is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I don't have the fastest reaction time so the $200 was worth it to deny rubber guard and stuff. I do lots of matches using regular fighters against cafs though.
Thats because the brightness of the monitor was lower then your tv.
Nahm man im joking. It always depends what you had before. If your tv had under 30ms or even better its was ok. But old Samsung or LG tv had lot more, even with gamemode on so i belive you you felt a big difference.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #58
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahonda
Thats because the brightness of the monitor was lower then your tv.
Nahm man im joking. It always depends what you had before. If your tv had under 30ms or even better its was ok. But old Samsung or LG tv had lot more, even with gamemode on so i belive you you felt a big difference.
It's very noticeable to me, but my old tv was like 34ms or something, There where many scenarios when it felt like I couldn't deny rubber guard and some submissions without guesswork.

I read that brightness just effects the constant backlighting, lol. Makes sense.

Last edited by Dave_S; 11-20-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #59
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Picture enhancers produce lag because they trying to render and iprove the frames picture by picture. All other settings on a monitor or tv wont produces lag i would say.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahonda
If you need advice, i own a 65"4k OLED and a 32" 4K monitor.
Hit me up for help if you like i do it for free because i invested a lot time researching stuff over last couple years and picture quality tv are my passion.
lahonda, sounds like we maybe have the same TV: 65" LG OLED. I have one from last year and one from this year (living room, and basement).

I want to get a monitor now. What's the best available, and how big a monitor can I get? Does monitor performance begin to degrade with size? I'm curious why there doesn't seem to be big screen monitors out there. Certainly there is demand... but maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, what do you (and others) think is the best monitor I can get?

Thanks, all.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #61
Rookie

I have ordered a benq 2755t which seems to be a good monitor. I will test it tomorrow with ufc 2. I can post my experience if someone is interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #62
Rookie

LG UJ7700 49 inch $600 with input lag of 12 ms. Supposed to be lowest ms on 4K tv I think. Would this be good for the UFC game? Decent tv for gaming?
Old 11-22-2017, 06:36 AM   #63
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
lahonda, sounds like we maybe have the same TV: 65" LG OLED. I have one from last year and one from this year (living room, and basement).

I want to get a monitor now. What's the best available, and how big a monitor can I get? Does monitor performance begin to degrade with size? I'm curious why there doesn't seem to be big screen monitors out there. Certainly there is demand... but maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, what do you (and others) think is the best monitor I can get?

Thanks, all.
Yeah i also have the last years 65" E6. The Series 7 is not such a huge improvement to pay mostly double. I payed mine 6 months ago around 3000$ and todays stock price is still over 4500$ in my country. The 65E7 is around 5500$ so you see with two of them like you i would be broke
But i dont regret it then the picture quality is superior.

If you go for monitor take an Asus or an AOC for pure performence. The size doesent matter for performence with those two brands but bigger=more expensive. LG, Dell, Samsung and the two i mentioned also have HDR what for me means a lot compared to 4K. If the price is not a killercrit i would go for this:
https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PA329Q-3...=operasport-20

or wait for the new AOC Agon with HDR.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
LG UJ7700 49 inch $600 with input lag of 12 ms. Supposed to be lowest ms on 4K tv I think. Would this be good for the UFC game? Decent tv for gaming?
Lahonda is this a good tv for gaming?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »