Home

Thank you to the Devs

This is a discussion on Thank you to the Devs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #33
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thank you to the Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
+1

As a gamer myself for many years, it's been really rewarding to be able to provide the kind of developer interaction I wish I was able to have with the games and franchises I played growing up. Having a team lead who wants to reach out and build that kind of community as well is awesome.

Most devs for a game will read the forums (ours included), and some might event post from time to time, outside of the standard community manager role, but I've never seen a game with devs as open or available as ours outside of indy studios.

Hopefully we can keep it going!

Thanks for the support
I've worked on many high-profile games at high-profile companies, and I can say I've never seen devs communicate directly with their community as openly as you guys.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #34
Rookie

seems way too early to congratulate the devs on something we havent been able to test yet to see if any of our asked changes have even been implemented, not sure why you are so happy about, il hold my judgement after i played the game.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #35
Rookie

This isn't a congrats... It's a thanks to the devs for being active among the community and supplying info about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
seems way too early to congratulate the devs on something we havent been able to test yet to see if any of our asked changes have even been implemented, not sure why you are so happy about, il hold my judgement after i played the game.
We get indie level developer interaction from an EA published game. That’s worth being thankful for.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
We get indie level developer interaction from an EA published game. That’s worth being thankful for.
Its almost 2018, dev interaction is nothing new and is expected from virtually every top tier game being released, its part of their job to interact with the community to make sure their "customer" is happy with the product, and as we can see from starwars battlefront 2, what happens when you fail to communicate with your customer base.

I dont care what company it is, this kind of interaction should be expected and normalized to be common practice, just part of doing your job as a dev/community manager.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #38
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
Its almost 2018, dev interaction is nothing new and is expected from virtually every top tier game being released, its part of their job to interact with the community to make sure their "customer" is happy with the product, and as we can see from starwars battlefront 2, what happens when you fail to communicate with your customer base.

I dont care what company it is, this kind of interaction should be expected and normalized to be common practice, just part of doing your job as a dev/community manager.
No it is not. You are going to find that many developers indeed read the forums about games, but few are actually interested in engaging discussions. And I am pretty sure this is unique for EA Sports titles, and I've not seen it for any 2K titles either.

As for this kind of interaction being common? Look how far we've gotten with barely anyone doing it. No it is not going to become something every game is having. You are going to see the interaction from indie developers, because they need the support to grow, and put out a game that will catch on to the masses.

Sorry but I really don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.

Last edited by Yaari; 11-16-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
No it is not. You are going to find that many developers indeed read the forums about games, but few are actually interested in engaging discussions. And I am pretty sure this is unique for EA Sports titles, and I've not seen it for any 2K titles either.

As for this kind of interaction being common? Look how far we've gotten with barely anyone doing it. No it is not going to become something every game is having. You are going to see the interaction from indie developers, because they need the support to grow, and put out a game that will catch on to the masses.

Sorry but I really don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.
Every high tier game has some sort of interaction with communities, most have Community managers that host look ad reddit posts and other ways of communicating with their player base, just because EA doesnt like to do it, or for this matter almost anything right when it comes to their customers does not mean i have to thank them for doing something that so many other companies have already been doing for a while.

Even 2k devs communicate plenty, hell they even give you codes for updates that might take too long and issue statements on twitter and social media as well as their own forums/reddit.

Saying thank you to people who should be engaging with their customers who pay their bills is just silly, its a nice gesture sure, but its something that has already been done throughout many PC games communities as well as console.

Just because a very poor company like EA who constantly devalues its customer decides to do something that many others are already doing, does not warrant for me to give them props, so yes, i do know what im talking about, leave the rock you are living under so you can see and interact other communities.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:23 PM   #40
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

I love how every "thanks devs" thread that's been started in the last 6 years always turns into a fight about whether or not we should be thanked.

Every. Single. One.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »