Home

Thank you to the Devs

This is a discussion on Thank you to the Devs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #41
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thank you to the Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
Every high tier game has some sort of interaction with communities, most have Community managers that host look ad reddit posts and other ways of communicating with their player base, just because EA doesnt like to do it, or for this matter almost anything right when it comes to their customers does not mean i have to thank them for doing something that so many other companies have already been doing for a while.

Even 2k devs communicate plenty, hell they even give you codes for updates that might take too long and issue statements on twitter and social media as well as their own forums/reddit.

Saying thank you to people who should be engaging with their customers who pay their bills is just silly, its a nice gesture sure, but its something that has already been done throughout many PC games communities as well as console.

Just because a very poor company like EA who constantly devalues its customer decides to do something that many others are already doing, does not warrant for me to give them props, so yes, i do know what im talking about, leave the rock you are living under so you can see and interact other communities.
This is such a load of nonsense. Community Managers ARE NOT DEVELOPERS. They are paid to manage and inform the community. They host Q&A's with developers but they don't work on the games they represent.

I don't even know why I bother to argue with you when you put these in the same bask. You tell me it's in a developers job description to engage with their community and then you start talking to me about community managers.

You are going to have to show me these developer interactions that I've been missing out on. (I live under a rock). And I'm talking interaction during development, not post-launch Q&A's or AMA or **** like that. Show me these games that have developers that arent gone for the entire 2 years they disappear in during their development window. High tier game, like you told me. Let's do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #42
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I love how every "thanks devs" thread that's been started in the last 6 years always turns into a fight about whether or not we should be thanked.

Every. Single. One.
So typical from this guy. Every"hey Dev" thread (not allowed) this guy gets into an argument about accepting thanks. So wishy washy. Reminds me of this.

This is my idea of a joke, my bad if it doesn't land. Smart people think I'm funny though.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
I love how every "thanks devs" thread that's been started in the last 6 years always turns into a fight about whether or not we should be thanked.

Every. Single. One.

Maybe that's because 6 years ago, in 2011, EA stole the UFC license from THQ and has delivered sub-par games ever since?

Quote:
In 2011, THQ and EA discussed a potential sale of THQ as a whole to EA. According to court documents, “THQ provided EA internal financial information including detailed sales and revenue figures for the UFC Franchise, and projected marketing expenditures on the next UFC Franchise game.” Despite initial interests, EA broke off negotiations with THQ in December 2011 citing disinterest.
Two weeks later, Zuffa criticized THQ about its expenditures and threatened to terminate its relationship with THQ based on its insolvency. There had been no prior evidence of dissatisfaction with THQ.
THQ entered into a $10 million settlement with Zuffa in exchange for the termination of its license and all intellectual property rights to the UFC game brand in 2012. However, THQ now claims that this was a fraudulent transfer as it believes that EA had contacted Zuffa and conveyed the internal financial information it was provided by THQ during the potential sale of THQ. THQ claims that it was "hamstrung" in negotiations with Zuffa due to its knowledge of THQ's finances and the actual value of the UFC video game franchise was $20 million.
http://mmapayout.com/2013/10/thq-sue...e-acquisition/
Old 11-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #44
Banned

To me, it's more along the lines of "Thank you for being intelligent enough TO interact with your community" Because there's a lot of very good feedback from this community, I was surprised. I didn't play UFC 1 (because I was bitterly holding a candlelight vigil for Fight Night's return ever since Champion), got into the series with UFC 2, which was blah to me. But I've mostly been on these boards for the Show over the years, not UFC. Much like the Show's hardcore base has had a positive effect on that series, it seems to be happening here with UFC.

It would be foolish to ignore a lot of the solid ideas and discussion put forth by people in this community. I have a lot more faith and trust in these devs than I do for Madden's.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #45
Rookie

Why is their arguing going on in a thank you thread? Let people that want to thank them do so and move on. Man it gets toxic around here when info starts getting released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:

Every. Single. One.
I disagree! Haha

I haven't been very active at all in these forums, but since the announcement for EA UFC 2 I've always lurked in the old forums and this one and read up on the info you folks have provided for us. It's great to see. I'm also thankful for guys like Martial Mind as well.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:

Every. Single. One.
Well, who knows, maybe the beta comes out and it's a total disaster. Doubtful, but possible. The point is that I think it's incredible that you are all trying to cater the game to what the community actually wants.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:16 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
This is such a load of nonsense. Community Managers ARE NOT DEVELOPERS. They are paid to manage and inform the community. They host Q&A's with developers but they don't work on the games they represent.

I don't even know why I bother to argue with you when you put these in the same bask. You tell me it's in a developers job description to engage with their community and then you start talking to me about community managers.

You are going to have to show me these developer interactions that I've been missing out on. (I live under a rock). And I'm talking interaction during development, not post-launch Q&A's or AMA or **** like that. Show me these games that have developers that arent gone for the entire 2 years they disappear in during their development window. High tier game, like you told me. Let's do it.
Your such a child lmao.. Who is the community manager for ea then? Sure if we dont have one then a dev might as well do it, if it wouldn't be him it would be someone else, and if no1 would do it then this game would not sell since people would not like it, hes doing what needs to be done and whether this is his job on the side that he is told to keep an eye on communicating with us, or his own objective asking us about striking since that is his field so that he improves and we get what we want, this is common practice, so yes, get up walk outside and crawl out of that rock you been living under.

As for what games have intensive dev interactions? Here are just a few for the cavemen on these forums.

1) 1 hour crowfall video of a dev going over 14 pages of patch notes, they have been doing this every month and the game is still in alpha getting ready for beta stages. This is taken from the forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D3tHP1XZr0

2) Albion online, developers have made round table(similar to game changers program) and made videos not only asking but revealing features about the game, this is old footage since the game is out already, but they have been doing this in pre alpha all the way until release. constantly engaing on forums, with even basic forum searching you can see tons of dev interaction along with the actual CEO that owns the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEO_DbTD0-E

3) Battalion 1944, dev/CEO responding and constantly talking on forums with its kickstarter supporters, asking for ideas on damage system, maps and tons of other things, even asking ex pro FPS players for their feedback while they test, hell one of them is the new community manager now, im not gona do your homework for you caveman, but these are basic examples that took me 30 seconds to find from games i personally follow

http://forums.battaliongame.com/foru...-news-updates/

The youtube links are all from the forums and constantly evolving discussions are made with developer interactions.

Its obviously nice and courteous to say thank you to anyone who performs a service for you, thats not my problem nor my argument, but when we dont even know if any of our begged for features even made it into the game, and having some of these people pamper dev's for doing what should be common practice is a bit silly.

Last edited by HypeRNT; 11-16-2017 at 11:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »