Home

Thank you to the Devs

This is a discussion on Thank you to the Devs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #65
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thank you to the Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I finally deleted UFC 2. I'm at a point where I hate pretty much everything about the game lol. Can't wait for the beta.

All my frustrations aside, I appreciate all the hard work the devs have done to get the series to the point it's at now. The leap from each game has been significant.

UFC 2 gave idiot fighters too many tools to be successful. From hit stuns, silly parries, etc. I have very high hopes for what this third iteration will be. RIP UFC 2.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I hear you and agree 100%. I was going to do a UFC2 sendoff video for my YouTube channel, a farewell of sorts with maybe a nice match and some words about the game leading up to the UFC3 beta. So I jumped online to capture some footage and the amount of rage I experienced while playing was absolutely mind-boggling. From being matched with South American laggers playing on toaster internet to fighting a Cain who spammed 27 takedowns (and only succeeded in 3) and didn't gas himself at all, to beating the brakes off someone to randomly get body rocked off of one hit while at full stamina, to the absolute moron players who don't know how to strike unless they can get a parry first that warps you into a drunken stagger for 5 seconds. Just...no. I enjoyed the game in its heyday, but every noob and their mom has had enough time to fully research every cheezy exploit and shortcoming of the game and abuse them to the fullest extent. I couldn't find it in my heart to say anything kind about the game as it stands right now online.

UFC3 beta can't come soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #66
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Nice song but what about laggy connections? No more?
This is one area of the game where the GC'ers are just as in the dark as you guys. The beta will tell a lot. From what I understand though, we're getting QuickFight in the beta, so I'm not sure all the ranked matchmaking parameters will be in the game. So I really have no idea here. The beta will give us a gauge. I'm not sure we'll ever really know until we get our hands on ranked.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #67
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
I hear you and agree 100%. I was going to do a UFC2 sendoff video for my YouTube channel, a farewell of sorts with maybe a nice match and some words about the game leading up to the UFC3 beta. So I jumped online to capture some footage and the amount of rage I experienced while playing was absolutely mind-boggling. From being matched with South American laggers playing on toaster internet to fighting a Cain who spammed 27 takedowns (and only succeeded in 3) and didn't gas himself at all, to beating the brakes off someone to randomly get body rocked off of one hit while at full stamina, to the absolute moron players who don't know how to strike unless they can get a parry first that warps you into a drunken stagger for 5 seconds. Just...no. I enjoyed the game in its heyday, but every noob and their mom has had enough time to fully research every cheezy exploit and shortcoming of the game and abuse them to the fullest extent. I couldn't find it in my heart to say anything kind about the game as it stands right now online.

UFC3 beta can't come soon enough.
Amen lol. My frustration kept building the longer that I continued to play the game, but I love MMA so much that I always came back to it. It was a repeating cycle of having a halfway decent match every now and then, and then being disgusted with the gameplay mechanics for the rest of the time. I think I have some form of EA UFC Stockholm Syndrome or something.

I'm just going to keep paying Fight Night Champion in the meantime. At least I know I can get legit fights in that game. I just got a good laugh a few moments ago, though. My opponent dropped me early, but I pieced him up for the rest of the fight. After I dropped him late in the match, I got that EA quit screen that we see so much in UFC. The more things stay the same...

Spoiler

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 11-19-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #68
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Good thing our devs are dyslexic and think they work at AE:
American Eagle or Associated Electrics?
Old 11-19-2017, 03:47 PM   #69
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

I think we are all more or less childish. Everyone has an oppinion and stans hard, trying to defend his oppinion.
If we would not be childish, we would not play videogames, i mean it was ment for kids?

I see all the points. There will always be defenders or bashers, no matter what the publisher developers or the community manager do. Within hours theres a internet flash mob defending or attacking. Its the game industry own fault they made it come that far. One thing is for sure, game developement with high passioned developers in a sportsgame will definitly fail so thanks to the passioned devs and a game. Yearly returning gaming franchises without a online speaker/representer will fail. But thats not the thread here.

Most of us have a job and a lot are working hard on this one. We all should know how rare you get a thank you from your employes or your job! So i appriciate the job the devs are doing here, they try to implent as much as they can. Even if theres a higher might in they company of ea im hoping and trusting they doing the best to make a fan game out of the budget!

Thanks to the forum users, and a big thanks to the devs!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »