Home

Body Triangle and Universe Mode

This is a discussion on Body Triangle and Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Body Triangle and Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
I would like to know if this heavily asked for position is in the game.

It worked nearly perfectly in UFC Undisputed 3.

I seriously doubt that they added this position in to the game ( I hope I'm awfully wrong), even though in a previous thread where we were asked what ground position/transition we would like to see in the game , this was almost 2 years ago, and the body triangle was requested pretty heavily.

Also, universe mode was heavily asked for by a lot of people and it looks like we'll have to use spreadsheets......again.

don't get me wrong, we're very privileged to have gamechangers, an ai developer, and GameplayDev him self.

I just feel we aren't getting heard when it comes to the little things like the very important body triangle and universe mode
The Career Mode is the one item that will dictate if I get this game or not.
I'm a casual MMA/UFC fan (at best), but if EA UFC offered a mode where I can control a stable of fighters, I'd pre-order now.

I'd love a combat game that offers more depth to it's career mode than what we've seen over the past 30 years, which is - train, gain points, fight, wash-rinse-repeat.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

yeah, i agreed. I really hope they revamped career mode the first than adding any new mode. career mode is one of the top priority for me. and they did it. it looks awesome on the trailer. it makes me very excited and other many ppl.

Last edited by tissues250; 11-16-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:59 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Fair enough. You have more insight than me or most of us here so I will take your words for it bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Understand that I'm still pushing for it and will continue to do so.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #20
Banned

The demand for Universe mode from some, comes from a place of not having a good Career mode. I don't "need" a Universe mode, I just wanted something other than their bland Career mode. Universe mode could work out well for UFC, but a good Career mode is just as welcome for me.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:13 AM   #21
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

I would love a Universe mode, but I would much prefer if they did precisely the following with Career:

Step 1: Boot UFC Undisputed 3
Step 2: Examine every aspect of career mode
Step 3: Do every single thing exactly the same, in every single way, without changing anything

That's it. Don't reinvent the wheel. Don't try things you think people will like. Just do what UD3 did, no more, no less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #22
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The Career Mode is the one item that will dictate if I get this game or not.

I'm a casual MMA/UFC fan (at best), but if EA UFC offered a mode where I can control a stable of fighters, I'd pre-order now.

I'd love a combat game that offers more depth to it's career mode than what we've seen over the past 30 years, which is - train, gain points, fight, wash-rinse-repeat.

What you are seeking is what we call a "universe mode"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You guys know I've been banging the Universe mode drum for years and I'll continue to do so if I'm still a gamechanger for a future game.

The devs know that the offline crowd is important. The team recognizes that offline gamers are a big part of the audience and thats why there are so many modes geared toward offline players.

Where they differ from me is they think that more offline players would play a career mode instead of a universe mode. The data they have likely backs that up. So I'm ok if the focus is on improving Career mode for UFC3. I still want a universe mode for UFC 4 though.
I like the idea of both. I think when they feel that the career mode is good enough (is enjoyable an has replay value), it would be good to have a crack at universe mode. These both offer two different perspectives of the MMA world so I think that could prolong the game’s life-span if they were both there
Old 11-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It was requested but it wasn't at the top if I remember correctly.
I reviewd the thread, and from what i've seen, body triangle, pull guard and cage positions was actually the most requested. I know cage positions are included but not the others..Or am i wrong? If not, please include them atleast as DLC and i will gladly purchase it...I think most will. I mean who doesn't want more depth on the ground? Waiting another 2 years for the next iteration is a long time. If this game was release annually i wouldn't be a big deal.

Last edited by TGOne; 11-16-2017 at 04:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »