Home

Body Triangle and Universe Mode

This is a discussion on Body Triangle and Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2017, 03:05 AM   #33
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Body Triangle and Universe Mode

A mode to control UFC year after year would be great for me. I'd love a mode to keep track of records, book fights, and spectate, sim & play whatever fights and events you want with the UFC roster, generics and CAFs.

But personally, I still want a "Franchise mode" that's more so catered to running your own camp. It just seems more practical due to the fact your average fighter only has 3, maybe 4 fights a year. So if you just control an entire camp, you can possibly have a few dozen fights and still be within the same year. I just get annoyed with the idea of using one fighter and once I'm 20 fights in, I'm already fighting in year 2023 and most of the top current fighters have peaked (or should have).

Controlling a camp of 6 to 12 fighters as well as managing who trains under your camp would help stretch the time out. UFC fighters can retire and be recruited as trainers to build specific skills. You can bring new fighters in and having some generic knockoff Japan and smaller US orgs would be a nice touch. But I'm praying for the day an idea like this becomes reality. Plus, I think most people that do a career mode end up creating more than career file anyway...might as well just do it all in one mode.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 11-26-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:54 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
A mode to control UFC year after year is would be great for me. I'd love a mode to keep track of records, book fights, and spectate, sim & play whatever fights and events you want with the UFC roster, generics and CAFs.

But personally, I still want a "Franchise mode" that's more so catered to running your own camp. It just seems more practical due to the fact your average fighter only has 3, maybe 4 fights a year. So if you just control an entire camp, you can possibly have a few dozen fights and still be within the same year. I just get annoyed with the idea of using one fighter and once I'm 20 fights in, I'm already fighting in year 2023 and most of the top current fighters are have peaked (or should have).

Controlling a camp of 6 to 12 fighters as well as managing who trains under your camp would help stretch the time out. UFC fighters can retire and be recruited as trainers to build specific skills. You can bring new fighters in and having some generic knockoff Japan and smaller US orgs would be a nice touch. But I'm praying for the day an idea like this becomes reality. Plus, I think most people that do a career mode end up creating more than career file...might as well just do it all in one mode.
thats a class idea
Old 11-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
A mode to control UFC year after year is would be great for me. I'd love a mode to keep track of records, book fights, and spectate, sim & play whatever fights and events you want with the UFC roster, generics and CAFs.

But personally, I still want a "Franchise mode" that's more so catered to running your own camp. It just seems more practical due to the fact your average fighter only has 3, maybe 4 fights a year. So if you just control an entire camp, you can possibly have a few dozen fights and still be within the same year. I just get annoyed with the idea of using one fighter and once I'm 20 fights in, I'm already fighting in year 2023 and most of the top current fighters are have peaked (or should have).

Controlling a camp of 6 to 12 fighters as well as managing who trains under your camp would help stretch the time out. UFC fighters can retire and be recruited as trainers to build specific skills. You can bring new fighters in and having some generic knockoff Japan and smaller US orgs would be a nice touch. But I'm praying for the day an idea like this becomes reality. Plus, I think most people that do a career mode end up creating more than career file...might as well just do it all in one mode.
Basically all these different variations of what people want in a Universe Mode, is what Connected Franchise in Madden has, but if there was a commissioner character you could create as well where you could run the entire NFL.

I want to be Dana White/Sean Shelby. Some of you want to be Greg Jackson. Some of you want to be the next Jon Jones. The dream is that one day they can create a mode where all of this is possible on a continuous timeline, in the same universe and where you can create characters and not have to start over everytime.

But these things take time and we have to be a vocal majority to get it known that's where we would like to go.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »