Home

New Multiplayer Modes Question

This is a discussion on New Multiplayer Modes Question within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2017, 02:44 AM   #9
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Multiplayer Modes Question

It will be definitly for Offline gaming. If those modes find the way into online, i doubt its a good idea because you split people up. Ranked, unranked, BJJ mode, K1 mode, Pride FC mode etc. All those modes are awesome but the matchmaking would suffer under it.
What we need is a friendly privat matches mode where you can do a lot of different settings.

Is somewhere confirmed that it will have an online tournament mode?
Old 11-20-2017, 05:56 AM   #10
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
It would be in their best interest to make KO mode and Stand and Bang mode online because those would appeal to the casuals more,that way there's something for everybody. Not insinuating that only casuals would play Stand and Bang online, if probably do it a good bit at first so I could focus on the revamped stand up and not have to think about the ground game until I feel proficient enough on my feet. I'm just saying for this game to do well sales wise,it should have something for everybody,and with Stand Up and KO modes playable online, I think for the most part everybody would be happy
This is true. I've seen a surprising amount of people that love the KO Mode, and as much as EA tries to simplify the grappling for them, they are just not going to like it.

As long as they make a clever split of playerbase, it will never affect those that play ranked. Undisputed 3 possibly had the worst approach of all time. Did they not split between Pride and UFC, and then afterwards again, for Sim/Normal?

If they make the striking mode an optional filter, you are only going to get people that exclusively want to strike. I just refuse to believe that these striking mode people would have otherwise became competitive players. I think people that will stick to such a mode, would have rather dropped the game, or just never played online.

In my opinion you need a very solid case about it being an issue towards matchmaking before you start withhelding good content, that could have made an amazing online mode. From my understanding these modes even have seperate commentary tracks so it would be a really bad call if they did not explore the options here.

Make it only selectable through filter, quick match-unranked should still be the standard setting. This way only people that went out of their way to select the striking mode, will be able to go there. Making it less likely the number of players will drop. And if possible add an instant rematch button, so that the smaller pool of players still has the option of facing eachother again.

Last edited by Yaari; 11-20-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:36 AM   #11
MVP

KO mode online won't affect the other major mode but If, Stand n Bang(seems like K-1) mode is going to be online, it will kill ranked and ultimate. cuz there are a ton of ppl who played ea ufc, they hated the grappling. they only want to play the game as striking and stand up. Loot at the case of Fifa18. Fifa18 have made a new mode as Squad Battle what many ppl had been requested in this year. it is only for single players of ultimate. it killed online match. i don't know what gonna happen to them. but imo, it will huge affect to major mode. so I completely disagreed Stand n Bang is gonna online. this game is mma, not kickboxing. they have clearly different rules and gameplay not like barenuckles or pride mode of past games. It's a completely different story.

Last edited by tissues250; 11-20-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #12
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
KO mode online won't affect the other major mode but If, Stand n Bang(seems like K-1) mode is going to be online, it will kill ranked and ultimate. cuz there are a ton of ppl who played ea ufc, they hated the grappling. they only want to play the game as striking and stand up.
I don't know about you, but if there is such a demand that you honestly believe it would kill ranked and ultimate, then EA really should explore the options.

I think you are overestimating the grappling-hating-player. I honestly don't believe these are the people that are going to stick around very long if they dislike a major aspect of the game this much.
Quote:
Loot at the case of Fifa18. Fifa18 have made a new mode as Squad Battle what many ppl had been requested in this year. it is only for single players of ultimate. it killed online match. i don't know what gonna happen to them. but imo, it will huge affect to major mode.
I dont think it would, if they make a huge banner on the main screen for it, then sure, that would be a bad idea. If they make it less appealing by putton it inside the quickmatch screen, it will draw less attention, but would still be a great service towards many players that have been asking for a mode like this for years.

Quote:
so I completely disagreed Stand n Bang is gonna online. this game is mma, not kickboxing. they have clearly different rules and gameplay not like barenuckles or pride mode of past games. It's a completely different story.
Eh, that really does not matter. EA themselves decides to explore this option. They were the one that moved away from the usual MMA-only ruleset.

The fact that they now doubled down on more of these kinds of modes, probably means that people enjoyed playing them. After which I hope they explore further options to make it more accessible, because local-multiplayer in this current day, is rather difficult to summon a buddy on your couch whenever you want to play.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
The fact that they now doubled down on more of these kinds of modes, probably means that people enjoyed playing them. After which I hope they explore further options to make it more accessible, because local-multiplayer in this current day, is rather difficult to summon a buddy on your couch whenever you want to play.

Exactly. This is my biggest thing. I have friends that I want to play with but Driving over to a friends house 2 hours away n sitting on their couch playing video games together isnt logical anymore.

Plus I wanna be able to play in leagues with here rulesets haha
Old 11-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #14
Pro

Stand and bang is cool for about 10 min. You realize point fighting to the death isn't really what you want quite quickly. With snoop dogg commentary I won't make it 5 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-20-2017, 01:54 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Stand and bang is cool for about 10 min. You realize point fighting to the death isn't really what you want quite quickly. With snoop dogg commentary I won't make it 5 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I don’t know about that. People have been asking for a kickboxing mode for a while now. This is about as close as they will get. I think people will like those modes a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #16
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Having a few different options to choose from online other than just ranked and unranked isn't going to split the community anymore than a shooter having team death match,domination,Free For all,search and destroy,etc. and then having a hardcore option for all of these. People like having options, I think it would immensely extend the longetivity of the game. Not asking for 20 different modes, just something different to do between Ranked MMA and Unranked MMA rules. Grappling would give us a chance to only focus on grappling and ground game while stand and Bang could help us polish up our stand up. Even if the A.I. is much improved it's still not the same as playing a live opponent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »