Home

UFC 3 - RPM TECH STRIKING DEEP DIVE

This is a discussion on UFC 3 - RPM TECH STRIKING DEEP DIVE within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #41
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 3 - RPM TECH STRIKING DEEP DIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdeekay
Just gonna rattle off some more questions if you don't mind :

1) Does the stun meter scale in relation to the overall health of a fighter. i.e As the fight goes on it becomes easier and easier to stun someone and they don't just go straight into being knocked down due to their low health.
The stun meter doesn't scale, but the thresholds for the health events do. Based on long term health.

Quote:
2) Is the concept of the 'Chin' meter tied specifically to head health events or is it just a generic term that applies to body rocks also.
It applies to body and legs as well. It was just implemented on the head first, I called it chin, then decided it makes sense for the others but the name stuck.

It has very different tuning for each region though.

Quote:
3)When front kicks and side kicks are described as being caught, is this a timing based counter similar to the leg check or something else.
For round kicks it's timing based, for front kicks it's automatic with low block, no timing necessary.

Quote:
4) Seems like there are a lot of tools for retreating fighters to interrupt an advancing fighters attacks. Is the idea that the main benefit for an advancing fighter is to use the extra punch range afforded by advancing strikes to whittle down people retreating?
Yes, exactly. And cover the extra range to counter. Imagine playing right on the edge of kicking range to bait a wiff, you'd need a forward moving strike to punish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #42
Rookie

Sounds really really good! It seems that it is easy to learn hard to master. On paper it sounds sooo good! Thanks!,,
Old 11-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #43

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
I just want to make sure I'm understanding the locomotion correctly. If I'm just standing stil striking my jab or hook will just be stationary right? And if I move forward then jab or hook it will also be able to cover distance like the three left stick flick lunges having more power then a stationary strike?

[/b]
Yes, that's correct.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #44
MVP

How many hard combos exist in the game? I would imagine many fighters having the same ones. Probably going to learn them all. Not to use them, but to know what strike is coming next.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #45
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Now im trough all the text, im really happy what i red! Those are huge improvements and i think this game will show what today CPU can calculate because its a deep complex system. UFC 2 was a big improvement in the ground game and is solid imo. 10 years back games were also fantastic so it was sad to see there was not a big improvement in the calculation. The best thing here is that the muliplier of strikes is gone and the parrys also. Instead we have different recovery frames and thats fantastic!!!! Im loving it!
I was scared we will go arcadish but wroooong. GPD,again THANKS to all this stuff and you listened to the community and gave us something back.

I have such a huge smile on my face and wish all to you a happy thanks giving then GPD gave us some!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Different depending on the position, and possibly based on move sets. Can't remember if we had multiple subs from each position or not.
About combos, If i wanted to jab to the body then cross to the head, Jab the body then rear round kick to the head. Would a combo like that not be available without having it set? Or is using set combos just significantly better?

Last edited by aust9n; 11-23-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #47

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
How many hard combos exist in the game? I would imagine many fighters having the same ones. Probably going to learn them all. Not to use them, but to know what to see what strike is coming next.
I don't know the exact number, but it's over 500.

A lot of the low level ones are obvious and you don't really need to learn them. Like a 1-2.

It's the 4 strike combos and combos involving kicks and spinning attacks that get very specific and not necessarily obvious.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #48
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
my only concern is that people will just throw the set combos and just recover and keep at causing big damage with them.
Whats wrong with it? Its like IRL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »