Home

Do you need a connection to EA servers to play the beta?

This is a discussion on Do you need a connection to EA servers to play the beta? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #17
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you need a connection to EA servers to play the beta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett5511
Either way im getting plus for the fact that I dont wanna risk missing out on this early experience if i get in. Tomorrow i'm taking off.
Yh just get it to make sure in any case. I think they just mean a persistent connection to the EA servers though, similar to how it is with EA Access. The only reason they probably mentioned having gold or plus is cuz you'd need it to play the online modes.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #18
Banned

Aside from the corporation these developers work for being greedy *******s, I would assume being online allows the team to gather information they otherwise couldn't if you were playing offline. Remember, this is a beta test not a demo.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #19
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
It then says that a Playstation Plus membership is required, though. You'd need to be on Plus and always be connected to the servers.
Well I have it in any case, but I think they just stated that cuz you'd need it to play online modes like quick fight. Cuz you certainly don't need plus or gold to play practice mode or fight now...that's just against the A.I. And you don't need plus or gold to connect to EA's servers either. Either way just to be on the safe side, everyone should just get a membership though.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #20
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLemur
Aside from the corporation these developers work for being greedy *******s, I would assume being online allows the team to gather information they otherwise couldn't if you were playing offline. Remember, this is a beta test not a demo.
It certainly will make it easier to close the beta servers without anyone else still having their paws on the beta when it's gone. Which s-*cks.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Connecting to the EA servers is pretty much the first thing the client is likely to do after you start it. I know retail EA games do so anyway. So yeah, I don't see how you'd be able to use this at all with those conditions.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »