Home

The New Combination System and Why You Shouldn't Be Worried.

This is a discussion on The New Combination System and Why You Shouldn't Be Worried. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The New Combination System and Why You Shouldn't Be Worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahsGoldenGanjaSolja
I speak with respect to the debs, but here's a little constructive feedback -

I hope there won't be combo multiplier abuse like in EA UFC 2. I can take those combos and work it out, but the combo damage with players like Lawler and Woodley is too OP, especially when I'm Nick Diaz and it takes just a few well placed combos to put me in damn near permanent danger zone playing an equal player with Lawler.

I just feel like fighters take combos all the time in general and a few well timed combos don't multiply damage as fast as it does in the game. What I'm hoping is, that the combo multiplier can't be abused by the experts of it... I'd like combos to be able to be thrown, maybe there'll be increased damage, okay - but nothing like EA UFC 2. That was a frustration for me, and cut my ability to win off skill short a couple times. We all can struggle in a match, and win. I just want that right to be able to do that, because the combo multiplier in EA UFC 2 can be a cheese problem many times. And I love EA UFC 2, that's just one loophole I've noticed other games abuse for a quick W.

There is no combo multiplier in EA UFC 3

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 11-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #10
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Martial Mind confirmed that the combo multiplier is no longer in the game. This means that you can be effective striking without having to use combos.

Potshotting and counter striking will be more popular.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-25-2017, 07:48 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
because the new combo is going to get the benefit of frames and damage. I am worried about that. I could be wrong but It will makes the game as the combo festival. combo vs combo in the whole fight. Its very arcade.
Quite the opposite. Think of the new hard combos as being similar to the free combos of UFC 2 (actually weaker, because there is no combo multiplier). So, you have a *limitation* of combos. The game is not more combo friendly at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #12
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Do you press the buttons for combos in rapid succession, or do you actually get control of the timing of a combination?
Old 11-25-2017, 09:49 PM   #13
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Pressing them ahead of time and having them play out is a luxury, an option to make things more comfortable. As to controlling the timing of the combos, I think you can throw the strike (very) shortly after the execution of the first. I'm not sure if you'll be able to reap the benefits of the full spped, though. But in general, you want the full speed and it's easy to get it. It's ormally better to vary the tempo simply by using a slower attack, which also results in more damage.

In general, the combos are very fast. I'm not saying they're necessarily faster than in UFC 2 (I don't know). My point is that when the frames are tuned, you get to realize how fast they are.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'll have to get my hands on it before I judge that too harshly.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #15
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

It's really very comfortable. The tough stuff to get used to at first is other stuff. Accidentaly retreating while striking is a big one. And accidentally feinting because you pressed block before the end of the execution was another bad habit hard to shake for us at the event. "I see stiffness" But I think the feints were adjusted so that they only happen if you press block kind of early. So, it should be easier for people to get used to it tan it was for us GCers.

One important note though is that I am used to classic fight games, that usually require some complex inputs. So, for me, the combos were not a problem at all. Players who only use dto simulation fight games, like MartialMind, might take a bit longe rto adapt, but only a little longer, I'd wager.

Advancing body hooks are bitch for me, but that's because of my disability (and I think I'll get used to do it in some funky ways). All in all, the controls are very good. They allow so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 02:02 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
There is no combo multiplier in EA UFC 3
Thank you. and to Earv.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »