Home

Are the UFC 1/EA MMA KO animations going to be in the final game?

This is a discussion on Are the UFC 1/EA MMA KO animations going to be in the final game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 04:37 AM   #1
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

OVR: 0
Are the UFC 1/EA MMA KO animations going to be in the final game?

So, I was watching the beta footage, and noticed that the KOs are using the same animations from UFC 1, EA MMA, and Fight Night.

Please tell these are placeholders or something?
What happened to the ragdolls from UFC 2?

The animations not only look extremely stiff and unrealistic, but we have seen these thousands of times in other games.
They kill a huge amount of the satisfaction from knocking out your opponent, and don't even seem to have any relevance to what a person was hit with. I want to see my opponents fall down differently based on what they got hit with, like in UFC 2.
The KO animations often react in a completely weird way, like a guy falling forward from a front kick.

I know that the ragdolls in UFC 2 weren't perfect, but they were infinitely better than the ones we're seeing in UFC 3. Please tell me there's a chance that the UFC 2 ragdolls can be brought back?

Not only that, but KO zoom has got to go. It was hated in UFC2 and will be hated in UFC 3 too.
It looks like someone copy + pasted the code from UFC 1.

Last edited by Nekrotik; 11-27-2017 at 07:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 05:18 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Are the UFC 1/EA MMA KO animations going to be in the final game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
FfSo, I was watching the beta footage, and noticed that the KOs are using the same animations from UFC 1, EA MMA, and Fight Night.

Please tell these are placeholders or something?
What happened to the ragdolls from UFC 2?

The animations not only look extremely stiff and unrealistic, but we have seen these thousands of times in other games.
They kill a huge amount of the satisfaction from knocking out your opponent, and don't even seem to have any relevance to what a person was hit with. I want to see my opponents fall down differently based on what they got hit with, like in UFC 2.
The KO animations often react in a completely weird way, like a guy falling forward from a front kick.

Not only that, but KO zoom has got to go. It was hated in UFC2 and will be hated in UFC 3 too.
The ragdolls on knockouts are a mix between ragdoll and animation, they're more stiff ragdoll wise most likely because of complains that the ragdoll on UFC 2 were too 'crazy'.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

They're the exact same animations from UFC 1 in several cases.
And they look horrible. The ragdolls only occasionally looked crazy but these always look terrible. Way too stiff and repetitive. The worst kos in ufc 2 were way better.

Last edited by Nekrotik; 11-27-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:28 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
They're the exact same ani.ations from UFC 1.
And they look horrible. The ragdolls only occasionally looked crazy but these always look terrible.
Nah I agree, I loved the ragdolls from UFC 2, UFC 3's knockdowns have that 'delay' to it where you'll punch someone, they'll react to the punch, then react again and fall down because their 'knockout animation' has to play, same thing happens on FNC and it looked real bad.

Don't get me wrong, SOMETIMES the knockouts on UFC 3 seem to be better, but I personally love UFC 2's better from the gameplay footage i've seen, hell, I might change my mind after playing though.

Check out this gif for example, the knockdowns look really good in motion, hell, it reminds me of the 100% CGI trailer for the first UFC Undisputed game trailer.

https://imgur.com/Mb02DyM
Old 11-27-2017, 05:31 AM   #5
Rookie

They have to bring back ragdoll this ruins the replay value and the top knockouts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #6
Pro

Yeah they look really bad, KO zoom was a shock as well. I hope GPD sees this thread tomorrow. Another thing, why can't you hit them on the way down in an active knockdown? It just looks silly when they fall down and you're just punching air. I also haven't seen anyone finish the fight when they go out cold, it just zooms in and fight is over quick... Yeah these things need to get addressed in the full game imo.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:16 AM   #7
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus
The ragdolls on knockouts are a mix between ragdoll and animation, they're more stiff ragdoll wise most likely because of complains that the ragdoll on UFC 2 were too 'crazy'.

I've posted this in other threads, but:

This is a KO animation from UFC 1, I think also Fight Night:

This might be a new one, but I've seen the EXACT same animation in 2 different fight videos:

This animation is from UFC 1:

This animation is from UFC 1:

There are more, do you need more examples?
Old 11-27-2017, 08:06 AM   #8
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVIwxmTL1I

The first finish he gets in this is a good example of what the problem is.

At first glance it looks fine, like he dropped him with enough force and speed in the correct direction. But when it goes into the slowmo you can see Felder's leg come to a sudden halt and return to his base, then he falls. Realistically his leg would have kept moving in the direction he threw it, he would have lost his balance and fallen backwards. I feel like he'd have done that in EA UFC 2 even if he may have been thrown an extra foot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »