Home

Wow,this is a shocker........

This is a discussion on Wow,this is a shocker........ within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #17
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Wow,this is a shocker........

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Fair, I'm only able to go on what I'm seeing from others. I'm guessing by your response that the outrage isn't entirely necessary.
I'd say outrage isn't warranted until you play the game.

Some of the criticisms so far are certainly valid, but nothing that worries me.

More interested in gameplay balance to be honest.

Clinch/Standup/Takedown balance, damage stamina balance.

Stuff like that.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Dude, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Really want to try and see if I can keep my opponent at bay using the teep, movement, leg kick, jabs, feints, defense etc.

Atm, everyone is just getting in the pocket and trading shots making things ugly. Range fighting looks like it could be a thing of beauty in this.

What would be cool would be to see how well people, who criticise or praise it, can play the game. That way you get a good idea of who to take feedback from or at the very least see where they are having issues.
guess its because now you can move striking... then guys are putting pressure thing will be harder for ''runners''(outside players) like me
Old 11-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
guess its because now you can move striking... then guys are putting pressure thing will be harder for ''runners''(outside players) like me
We'll find out in the next few hours!

So far what I haven't seen is much clinch work to interrupt the combo attacks. For example, the guy is bombarding with hooks, so you block a hook then immediately initiate a clinch or duck a hook and tie up.

This will be equally important as a defensive option and I wonder how the Grapple Advantage ties into this.

For example, the opponent is throwing high, I duck low under his arms and initiate double under hooks. What sort of denial window will he have against this?

You can fight on the outside for so long but once in the pocket, sometimes tying up is the best option.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:32 AM   #20
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
hahaha don't worry man

the tidal wave of people complaining is still off in the distance...but picking up speed

GPD and others have very thick skin though, and do a great job of picking out the useful comments from the .... not so useful ....

So don't let a negative vibe on this forum bring you down!!! Besides, I have a feeling a lot of people will love the changes, so it probably won't even get THAT bad and trollish around here

maybe just a 4 out of 10

unless beta codes get messed up then all bets are off
Not too worried,only thing that worries me is that the casuals will complain that it's too easy to get KOed and that they might try to tone it down to appease to them. They obviously had the intentions of making this game more realistic I hope they stick to their guns and don't give in.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:37 AM   #21
Banned

The Punch Combos Are Wayyyy To Fast And Unrealistic , The Punches Need To Be Tuned Down To Be Slower Because That’s Gonna Be A Huge Problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #22
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tet122011
The Punch Combos Are Wayyyy To Fast And Unrealistic , The Punches Need To Be Tuned Down To Be Slower Because That’s Gonna Be A Huge Problem
Where's the thumbs down button? These are lightweights! They are fast as f*** in the octagon.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tet122011
it's lightweight they need to be fast...
Old 11-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #24
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Dude, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Really want to try and see if I can keep my opponent at bay using the teep, movement, leg kick, jabs, feints, defense etc.

Atm, everyone is just getting in the pocket and trading shots making things ugly. Range fighting looks like it could be a thing of beauty in this.

What would be cool would be to see how well people, who criticise or praise it, can play the game. That way you get a good idea of who to take feedback from or at the very least see where they are having issues.
Are you on ps4 and if so whats your gamertag? I feel like we could havesome pretty good looking fights you and me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »