Home

EA UFC 3 Beta Stamina Feedback

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Beta Stamina Feedback within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #9
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Beta Stamina Feedback

I was about to make a thread on stamina once I played some more tonight. But it's been worse than UFC 2 so far. I think people that say its fine must only be looking at the stamina bar, not the actual speed and power still being put out by the player.

So far...

I've had Barbazo spam a dozen or more jabs an then immediately produce a overhand, all these strikes had stopping power still.

Diaz's combos seem to have same effect no matter how low his stamina goes (I think this goes for every fighter but I've mostly dealt with Diaz combos).

I played as Ferguson against Khabib and somehow we both had full stamina in the 3rd round. We both had a decent amount of output, rocked each other a few times, yet somehow stamina was 100% filled in the 3rd. This had to be a glitch.

Striking power should be significantly lowered still when stamina is low or when rocked. You seem to have the exact same vulnerability windows when rocked.

Some of this may not directly come from the stamina system, but I'm definitely seeing more stamina issues in the beta than I had in UFC 2 after patches. Visually, I rarely seem to see any slow & weak strikes like in UFC 2 once the stamina is gone.

I'd REALLY like to hear if anyone else has noticed these issues and look for some of the problems I came across with stamina.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 11-28-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
I think there is a balance issue between breaking block and stamina. Maybe i just dont know what im doing but it seems to take too much stamina to break block IMO.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
I don't think so. If it was as you're alluding to there wouldn't be any way to survive and you'd be done after the first rock 90% of the time. It's perfect as is. I think the thing people are forgetting I that you can move and strike - often I found myself stopping to throw jabs and straights lol.

Once you get in the habit of moving and striking it's easy to break a block. Also level changes will help your maintain stamina.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #11
Banned

It's perfect. Lots of people will complain because they dont understand what is going on. There is long term and short term stamina, just like in real life. Fighting is a tough sport, and most people dont realize how taxing it is on the lungs. Thankfully, they got it just right this year, and im loving it !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #12
Pro

I have been moving and striking that isnt the issue. I played against someone who was hugging high block while they weren't rocked and i was struggling to break block while maintaining stamina

Old 11-28-2017, 12:25 PM   #13
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
I have been moving and striking that isnt the issue. I played against someone who was hugging high block while they weren't rocked and i was struggling to break block while maintaining stamina

Was it in UT? I had this in UT, though I wouldn't change the stamina because of it.

As to my general impression of stamina, I think it just needs a stronger gradual effect on the fighters, especially on their movement speed. The actual depletion seems excellent to me. Going the distance with Conor or Diakiese is very hard.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #14
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Its terrible. You can drain your entire bar throwing hyper speed 1-2 1-2s then in literally 1 second it completely refills back to full.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 11-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #15
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Are you basing this off Diaz, Haz?

And you literally mean literally?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #16
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCyndicate
It's perfect. Lots of people will complain because they dont understand what is going on. There is long term and short term stamina, just like in real life. Fighting is a tough sport, and most people dont realize how taxing it is on the lungs. Thankfully, they got it just right this year, and im loving it !
Well, have you fought a Barboza jab spammer? Something is really off, his striking should slow him down enough to find an opening, but it doesn't. You have to actually evade and move back for all 12 to 20 of those strikes so they don't bleed thru lol.

In general I'm not seeing a lot of opponents slow down or lose power too significantly once stamina is drained as far as short term stamina either. What are you seeing from low short term stamina? Because I'm genuinely not seeing a huge difference like in UFC 2 when people over strike.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 11-28-2017 at 01:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »