Home

EA UFC 3 Beta Stamina Feedback

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Beta Stamina Feedback within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #41
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Beta Stamina Feedback

If i could post A photo from my phone, I took A screenshot pic of A fight where someone used Eddie Alvarez and had thrown 459 strikes in only 2 rounds before getting the KO on me. He also still had at least 3/4 of his stamina. That is A real letdown on what I was expecting from this beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #42
MVP

On a positive note, spinning attacks cripple long term stamina which is great for making you think and use sparingly.

Do body kicks and hooks have an effect on stamina?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #43
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbag
If i could post A photo from my phone, I took A screenshot pic of A fight where someone used Eddie Alvarez and had thrown 459 strikes in only 2 rounds before getting the KO on me. He also still had at least 3/4 of his stamina. That is A real letdown on what I was expecting from this beta.
I really hope they can figure this out, I'm not sure what the deal is with the output and the stamina. I thought it was supposed to be better, but it simply isn't.

I'm surprised to see so many people on here that seem fine with it. But maybe the system is just inconsistent and they aren't seeing fights like this somehow. I know I've had some fights that actually had stamina drain decently. But stamina is a major issue with me right now.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #44
Just started!

To clarify my post further, it wasn’t just simple strikes like A 1-2 combo , this was hook based combos. Usually 3 strike attacks with non stop forward attacks. I was able to counter and drop him once, but the combos kept coming non stop.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #45
Banned

Grappling needs to use up 40% more stamins.

Missed basic strikes need to use 50% more stamina. Landed basic strikes should use about 25% more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 11:43 PM   #46
MVP

In my experience its a mixed bag overall, I'm playing 90% vs PRO AI offline, so my experiences are limited to that side of things.

But so far stamina seems to be good when its working properly, but otherwise can be very inconsistent. I've had matches where both fighters are at 50% stam at the end of rd.1 because its been a war, then other matches where 500 strikes in, we come into round 5 with full stamina..

I recall reading about the stamina system in GPDs write up, and flashly kicks and spinning attacks will definitely tax your stamina, but it seems 1-2's and leg kicks don't drain much at all, even after 500 of them.. an in depth explanation of what stamina recovery between rounds entails, but as it stands, fighters seem to recover 50% stamina every round, nor do they slow down as their stamina drops really, which is odd. Unless its absolutely empty. I'd like to see lower stam slow movement speed and punch speed a little, like Fight Night.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:05 AM   #47
Rookie

Imo blocked ground transitions drains too much stamina
Old 12-04-2017, 11:45 PM   #48
Rookie

Posted this elsewhere but wanted to get it into the official stamina thread in hopes it is seen by GPD...

@GamePlayDev:

Is it too late to fix the fatigue/stamina? I sincerely think implementing the below suggestion could make this hands down the best MMA game/sim due to all the depth it would add.

First off, I love what you've done with the game overall, but stamina should impact everything about how a fighter performs and degrade more and more once under about 80%. Strikes, movement, sways and transitions should all be affected/slower as stamina is exhausted. Currently all the great work you've done with striking and movement is really negatively affected by this.

Improving the way fatigue affects fighters would also fix many issues related to peoples feedback on the strength and speed of strikes and hit stuns since you are much more likely to only see the super fast/powerful strikes during the first round. Forcing players to play more strategically, thus realistic. Ground game would also benefit as, everyone knows that the clinch/ground can change an entire fight due to the energy it takes to go there.

A simpler implementation such as using stages would be a huge improvement (for example):

* Fresh - 100%
* Warmed up (arguably better than 100% stamina) - 75% - 95%
* Conservative 50% - 75%
* Fatigued 25% - 50%
* Worthless < 25%

This would add SO many more layers of strategy to the game. I cant stress this enough, it would simply open up so many more options...

Result: Player should consider EVERY move which is made in a fight because fatigue is a major factor!!

Also I have to say it again. EVERYONE knows the fight is not over until the Ref stops the fight!!! Thus the fight finishes still suffer the same fate as every entry in the series, simply put they feel horribly awkward and un-satisfying. Having the Ref fly across the octagon to save a fighter who is failing to defend himself would make the fights feel so much better, I just cant stress this enough.

Please GamePlayDev, consider making these changes. Especially the Stamina one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »