Home

Hope (Two Months)

This is a discussion on Hope (Two Months) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hope (Two Months)

I really like this game,sometimes it's great but it has problems even the devs would probably admit that but with only two months of time before release how much hope is reasonable that these problems get fixed before release? Anybody with development savy or in "The know" feel free to comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Hope (Two Months)

I'm hopeful, cause the game need serious tweaks. Anyway, specially on EA UFC 1, it took about 3 months to get the game balanced. When the game first came out, to me at least was barely playable and they fix many things in the first couple weeks. I really hope they work hard to get the standup game balanced, because right now it is not.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo627
I really like this game,sometimes it's great but it has problems even the devs would probably admit that but with only two months of time before release how much hope is reasonable that these problems get fixed before release? Anybody with development savy or in "The know" feel free to comment.
Keep in mind the beta build was cut almost 5 weeks ago.

We've been working very hard since then on the final build of the game, and continue to do so.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Keep in mind the beta build was cut almost 5 weeks ago.

We've been working very hard since then on the final build of the game, and continue to do so.
Hi @GameplayDevUFC,

I think that the striking and character models look excellent this year , you guys really did a truly amazing job considering you only had 1 year time frame to implement this all. However there are still some gripes that i see with the gameplay, which i'm hoping could possibly be fixed before release or in a patch later down the line.

Another developer on the forum (in another thread) noted that KO's have been improved since the beta and i just wanted to know if you can provide any details on whether the KO Zoom will be removed or at least toned down. Myself and a lot of other people leaving feedback seem to really dislike this element and personally i feel it greatly detracts from the overall finish which is the most thrilling part of an MMA matchup.

Are there any details (even vague hints) that you can share on the KO zoom current status for the final build or any notable improvements made to the KO's from a visual or functional point of view.

Anyways just wanted to say a well done and really good work on the development , as i mentioned i think its pretty remarkable that this impressive overhaul has been achieved in just 1 year.

Thanks & Regards
AB541
Old 11-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Heres my 3 day impression

I really want to see sub showdown, stand n bang, and tournaments online.

Striking does not need to much tweaking. Finding it uncomfortable to mix uppercuts into to combos, but I'm sure I will get the hang of it. Getting a kick to the body caught needs some defensive and escape options, hppens all the time in an MMA fight but the kicker usually pulls his leg free without much punishment.

Takedowns and clinch need slightly longer denial windows, gates should be shorter and get longer later in the fight as stamina becomes a problem, and before someone says "git gud" or "casual" stop flattering yourself.
The problem is that it's easy for all of us to cheese, not just you, but not all of us enjoy the ground/clinch game tho, much like UFC 2 you will have to enjoy this aspect of the game in order to stand a chance at the higher divisions.

If I like what I see on the roster and new online modes are confirmed this could be one of the easiest preorders I've ever made, but first I would really like to hear the dev team is taking the complaints shared here seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatNationRepresent
Heres my 3 day impression

I really want to see sub showdown, stand n bang, and tournaments online.

Striking does not need to much tweaking. Finding it uncomfortable to mix uppercuts into to combos, but I'm sure I will get the hang of it. Getting a kick to the body caught needs some defensive and escape options, hppens all the time in an MMA fight but the kicker usually pulls his leg free without much punishment.

Takedowns and clinch need slightly longer denial windows, gates should be shorter and get longer later in the fight as stamina becomes a problem, and before someone says "git gud" or "casual" stop flattering yourself.
The problem is that it's easy for all of us to cheese, not just you, but not all of us enjoy the ground/clinch game tho, much like UFC 2 you will have to enjoy this aspect of the game in order to stand a chance at the higher divisions.

If I like what I see on the roster and new online modes are confirmed this could be one of the easiest preorders I've ever made, but first I would really like to hear the dev team is taking the complaints shared here seriously.
denial windows are fine with clinch and takedowns
Old 11-29-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
Rookie

I appreciate the community offering constructive feedback.

Much love to the devs for bringing us this game.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
denial windows are fine with clinch and takedowns
I don't know how people keep saying this.

I'm actually holding the reversal preemptively and still failing to stop takedowns or transitions. Keep in mind I played with alot of grapplers on the last game without this issue. I tried flicking the stick along with the motions instead of holding it, I had more luck but still alot of misses that I shouldn't have missed.

They need to widen it just a bit. I have other people in the room with me watching my hands as this is happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »