Home

Additions to the Finish the Fight sequences

This is a discussion on Additions to the Finish the Fight sequences within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is adding physics to KO/TKO scenarios worth weird things happening sometimes?
Yes, physics in these situations would be worth the occasional mess-up. 62 87.32%
No, I'd rather consistent pre-made animations than risk seeing glitchy moments sometimes. 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Additions to the Finish the Fight sequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
I hope the devs see this, because this would be awesome.
As do I. I'd love to get a sense of their thoughts on this. Not sure if these things simply are not possible for UFC 3 or perhaps they have actual gameplay reasons they do not want to add some of these things. I have heard they are working on making KO animations better though, so at least there is that.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #10
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

After playing for a week, i have to add.

The worse thing about the KOs is not just the removal of the ragdol effects and the re-introduction of the zoom-in KO.

It's the Walk-Off KOs.

90% of your KOs in this game are walk off KOs and the rest 10% have that awkward EA UFC 2 ground & Pound animation, only this time it's even more awkward.

And Walk-Off KOs are a rare thing in real life UFC.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

What you mostly see, is someone rocking their opponent then swarming on them, dropping them then spam strikes left and right in hopes off finishing em off and if they can't the usually go for the submission.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
After playing for a week, i have to add.

The worse thing about the KOs is not just the removal of the ragdol effects and the re-introduction of the zoom-in KO.

It's the Walk-Off KOs.

90% of your KOs in this game are walk off KOs and the rest 10% have that awkward EA UFC 2 ground & Pound animation, only this time it's even more awkward.

And Walk-Off KOs are a rare thing in real life UFC.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

What you mostly see, is someone rocking their opponent then swarming on them, dropping them then spam strikes left and right in hopes off finishing em off and if they can't the usually go for the submission.

This is exactly why they need to re add gnp finishes after someone gets knocked out, and make the unconscious opponent ragdoll when they're getting finished instead of having them magically come back to life like someone had already said. Would make it look so much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #12
Rookie

the_brooklynite's Arena

Some good ideas. I would also like to see better looking and a larger variety of ko & tko animations. For me, the animations are as important as gameplay. Makes it more fun. I would also have liked to see standing tko's in the game this year. Like Joanna vs Esparza & Penne. Nate Diaz vs Gray Maynard. Arlovski vs Travis Browne. Dillashaw vs Barao 2, just to name a few. Actual ref stoppages would've been awesome too. Pushing/pulling the fighter off. Running in to try to stop a fighter from continuing their attack on the fighter that's knocked out or badly hurt/defenseless. Maybe even putting their hands on a fighter to break a submission hold when it's over.

Last edited by the_brooklynite; 12-02-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

They should probably go a little more rag doll.

+ I've always wished they made it so if you knock someone down/out in the middle of a combo it keeps you from following through on nothing, I hate when I string together a 4 piece and they drop on the first or second and I'm just standing there swingin at air.

Would be nice if there was an automatic strike cancel for you if the next shot can't effectively target the head or body on the opponents way down

I think that alone would make the knockdowns and KO's look much better.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:36 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_brooklynite
Some good ideas. I would also like to see better looking and a larger variety of ko & tko animations. For me, the animations are as important as gameplay. Makes it more fun.
Yeah especially when we are talking about KOs/TKOs. If you go through awesome stand-up fights just to have the end be predictable and anti-climatic it really hurts the feel of the game.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:57 AM   #15
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Yeah especially when we are talking about KOs/TKOs. If you go through awesome stand-up fights just to have the end be predictable and anti-climatic it really hurts the feel of the game.
Absolutely! I am loving and enjoying the beta,definitely the knockouts are the one thing that's been disappointing to me so far,because the striking is now so fluid that the animated knockouts really detract from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 04:44 AM   #16
Rookie

the_brooklynite's Arena

Idk where else this topic can go, so I'll throw it in here. The double knockouts/knockdowns that I've seen are ok, but then it automatically cuts to the winner. It doesn't show who recovered first or anything. Another point about there being a lack of good animations. You would expect to see at least one of the fighters struggle to get to their feet, or even try to finish each other like Mitrione/Fedor. It just rushes to showing the winner celebrate. For as much as the striking and movement has evolved, not much else feels like it did.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »