Home

Additions to the Finish the Fight sequences

This is a discussion on Additions to the Finish the Fight sequences within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is adding physics to KO/TKO scenarios worth weird things happening sometimes?
Yes, physics in these situations would be worth the occasional mess-up. 62 87.32%
No, I'd rather consistent pre-made animations than risk seeing glitchy moments sometimes. 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2017, 07:33 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Additions to the Finish the Fight sequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
Absolutely! I am loving and enjoying the beta,definitely the knockouts are the one thing that's been disappointing to me so far,because the striking is now so fluid that the animated knockouts really detract from it.
Yeah that's my thoughts on the matter. The stand-up is so good now that the finishes seem like they are a step behind. Even if they add the ragdoll KOs and Finish the Fight back to the game (which would be better than the current system in Beta) I feel like they need to improve on the finishes a little more to match the quality of the stand-up game. I'm hoping we hear from Devs soon on whether or not the system is being overhauled from the beta, or if that is pretty much what we are getting on release.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:09 AM   #18
MVP

Thumbs up Re: Additions to the Finish the Fight sequences

83% is pretty unianimous to me :P.

But, ill all seriousness fantastic post. I cant like posts otherwise I would.
But I agree. I'd love to see the zoom in camera be removed again.. I remember UFC 2 launhed with it, and it was quickly removed thankfully so I don't know why it got put back in.

On top of that I like the idea of walk off KOs being optional, sometimes full KOs come from rather soft punches that being able to deliver follow up strikes to would greatly enhance how these finishes feel.

Think Mendes Edgar, Frankie hits chad with that check hook, and chads out, but Frankie doesn't seem to realise n' goes for the kill(from memory, haven't rewatched that fight since it happened) I'd like to be able to do that, it feels natural.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 12-05-2017 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Wrong icon, meant a thumbs up not down.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #19
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

They absolutely. need to do something about this I don’t think it should consume a lot of Changing the first game had a better interpretation of finishing the fight so they have the data in their back pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-05-2017, 09:27 AM   #20
The One

EmazingErik's Arena

I liked UFC Undisputed 3s ground and pound mechanic, fluid. That is all.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
83% is pretty unianimous to me :P.

But, ill all seriousness fantastic post. I cant like posts otherwise I would.
But I agree. I'd love to see the zoom in camera be removed again.. I remember UFC 2 launhed with it, and it was quickly removed thankfully so I don't know why it got put back in.

On top of that I like the idea of walk off KOs being optional, sometimes full KOs come from rather soft punches that being able to deliver follow up strikes to would greatly enhance how these finishes feel.

Think Mendes Edgar, Frankie hits chad with that check hook, and chads out, but Frankie doesn't seem to realise n' goes for the kill(from memory, haven't rewatched that fight since it happened) I'd like to be able to do that, it feels natural.
Yeah fully agree. Not only is it more realistic to be able to do follow-up strikes at any KO, sometimes it makes the weaker looking KOs feel better because in your mind you just tell yourself "Alright no way he was out from that jab, but the follow up strikes definitely could have ended the fight". Its just a good feature to have in at all times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #22
Rookie

Tackle and pound to catch the opponent when flashing down, and further GNP after KO are absolutely necessary elements. With it, it will be more exciting.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #23
Pro

GPD dropped a hint earlier that ragdoll KOs are back. Not a 100% thing but I think it was fairly suggesting. Lets hope they took it a step further with ragdoll finish the fight sequences and ragdoll Ground and Pound KOs.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #24
Pro

Come on I'm getting OCD from that "49" up there, someone make it a nice clean 50!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »