Home

sways need fixed

This is a discussion on sways need fixed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: sways need fixed

Guys this isn't the matrix, the sways are meant to be used via anticipation. Also remember, hooks will hit you if you side sway, uppercuts will hit you if you duck, and straights will hit you if you lean back and are still in range. You gotta read your opponent and anticipate the type of strike he throws when your moving in on him.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you have got to make an effort at learning these mechanics before claiming it needs to be fixed. That is the path to post-launch patches that ruin the gameplay. It is a complicated game, which is going to be awesome to play when we all get good at it.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #10
MVP

My issue with the sway is the stun. Unless it is a huge bomb, I would like to be able to move my head even whilst being punched by a combo. Atm, one punch from the opponent and I get stuck leaving little option but block.

If I could sway during and after getting hit, could make sways much more versatile.

Unless this is possible and I just havent noticed /gitgud
Old 11-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Guys this isn't the matrix, the sways are meant to be used via anticipation. Also remember, hooks will hit you if you side sway, uppercuts will hit you if you duck, and straights will hit you if you lean back and are still in range. You gotta read your opponent and anticipate the type of strike he throws when your moving in on him.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you have got to make an effort at learning these mechanics before claiming it needs to be fixed. That is the path to post-launch patches that ruin the gameplay. It is a complicated game, which is going to be awesome to play when we all get good at it.
I understand the mechanics, sways and lunges was my bread and butter in UFC 2, and as far as im concerned parries were cancer. Looking at the post fight stats it was clear that my opponents hit nothing but air due to my constant headmovement and footwork. Obviously its almost impossible to react to a punch and sway in the right direction, you need to figure out the pattern and when your opponent starts throwing you start to move your head. The problem here is the responsiveness, it was way waaaay better executed in ufc 2. Its super sluggish here and im starting to wonder if its related to the god awful hard combo/input lag/whatever thats been implemented. At times the whole striking game feels completely detached, its just button mashing and racking upp combos. If i throw a punch, sway or evade want it to be executed on a 1:1 ratio
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #12
Pro

I literally can dodge almost every single punch coming from opponent. you have to sway right before it lands. Sway counters are amazing in this game especially hooks. The secret is ... No one throws uppercuts so ducking dodges almost every strike. I don't block at all until i get rocked then i let them hit my block a little then start ducking under and countering. I never ever got to use sways in ufc 2 because the parry spam was so bad.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #13
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
My issue with the sway is the stun. Unless it is a huge bomb, I would like to be able to move my head even whilst being punched by a combo. Atm, one punch from the opponent and I get stuck leaving little option but block.

If I could sway during and after getting hit, could make sways much more versatile.

Unless this is possible and I just havent noticed /gitgud
You should be able to sway after a block though.

The combos are slowed down on block just enough to leave a slip window open.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
I literally can dodge almost every single punch coming from opponent. you have to sway right before it lands. Sway counters are amazing in this game especially hooks. The secret is ... No one throws uppercuts so ducking dodges almost every strike. I don't block at all until i get rocked then i let them hit my block a little then start ducking under and countering. I never ever got to use sways in ufc 2 because the parry spam was so bad.
Good for you buddy
Old 11-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #15
Pro

Remember also that sways are much more effective while standing still than moving. When I stop moving and then sway, I can land counters much more effectively
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #16
Rookie

Dzarek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements

Exactly.
I think that some people want a button to pressed and be 100% safe. No way, some effort is need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »