Home

Ultimate team micro transactions the death of the mode

This is a discussion on Ultimate team micro transactions the death of the mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ultimate team micro transactions the death of the mode

I should have phrased my question more specifically.

What is new about microtransactions in an UT mode?

As to the Perks, their effects aren't so big, so I didn't mind their short lives very much. I'd still rather they were permanent, though, because the current system might get people to hoard them. It's very different from training cards, becaus etraining cards are not specific and rare like the high level perks you want for a certain style. But as I said, tehir effects aren't that big.

And I agree that the starting styles are too different. I feel weird saying that, because I usually like the contrast, but starting 20 points apart is a huge deal. I'd rather the differences were a bit smaller for the starting dudes, because - keep in mind - the difference is quite likely to increase after you customize your fighters a little bit.

I also don't like that the stats start so low. It makes me anticipate that getting them to a decent level will take forever (though I don't know if that's the case). IMO the ideal would be making it so players can get their fighters at a decent level before very long, but take forever to max them out (not 100 OVR, just the best stuff they can get). This way, people paying or super grinding wouldn't be far above the players who play "normally". Matchmakig would likely be very healthy, like this, even after months of UT. Maybe I'm overestimating the grind to reach the "plateau" and everything will be fine... maybe.

But that question of mine still stands: what's new on the MTs?
Old 11-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #10
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

I waiting on a game dev to elaborate on the details of this change....someone from EA ?
I’m still pessimistic on the change due to my experience with Star Wars BF 2 !

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #11
Banned

I gotta agree. This mode would be so much fun without MTs.

Consumables are very important in the game I've learned that the hard way. I was out on consumables without noticing it and I got destroyed because my stamina. It was dying 10 times faster. Not to mention the amount of gold fighters with pay to win. 3 star cards and the OP subs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #12
Banned

I won't be bothering to play that mode or purchasing the packages because I don't support the nickel and dime these ultimate team game modes thrive on. I'll just be playing the ranked/quick match career type ****s.

My suggestion would be if you're looking to play UT only and this is where you're putting all your eggs, don't. After Star wars Battlefront 2 and their 3 Million dollar loss they're going to be making up for it somewhere and you better bet they'll be doing it here.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #13
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

I actually really, really like the way they did UT.
It goes a long, long way to balance things out.

In UFC 2, the no-lifers who spent all their time playing, and whales who spent tons of cash, would end up with insanely OP fighters, which would absolutely demolish new players or people with jobs in every fight, leading to attrition in the player base. It really started to show later on in UFC 2's life cycle.

This system KIND OF mitigates that, as if you're a no-lifer playing 12 hours a day, the benefits you get will be somewhat fleeting, and if you spend tons of cash buying packs, it ends up having diminishing returns, creating a (hopefully) more even playing field.
I think it's really great. Plus you can earn packs pretty quickly.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #14
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by veddartha
If we look at the beta, UT this year will be better.

I mean, I'll explain. I like that you don't need contracts or stamina boosters to play anymore, I hated that in UFC2 you needed stamina cards like...every 4-5 fights. I like that perks will go away after x number of fights now, I think it's good balance.

I also like that every 4-5 fights you get a basic pack for free. I don't know if this will be only in the beta or in the retail, but I hope they keep it. The champions, in the beta, are more like skins than otherwise, they don't seem to have any perks that your CAF would not have considering the tier of the card and the type. If you have a gold grappler Barboza and you have a gold grappler CAF the stats are the same if you put the same cards in it. So, champions are not a problem but I don't really think they add anything to the mode.

Plus, it's great that you can change your style whenever you want. If I get bored of a striker, I swap to a grappler and that's it. It seems that with the new types we would not have a perfect CAF like before and that's really good.

The problem with UT will be the same as every UT mode in almost every game and that's people with money who can buy several packs and get ahead. This year it could be even worse cause you can use every move you get, regardless of your weight division, so people who buy packs will be loaded with moves at the expense of the chemistry, which doesn't seem to have an effect at all...

This year I think everything will be more balanced than last year. It was the worst experience getting pounded by a perfect CAF who can strike, grapple and use submissions. This year, if you have a grappler and the rival has a striker it will be a interesting match.

We'll see...
I agree with most of what you said. Just the one thing I think will surprise everyone, is that even if you spend a ton of money buying packs, and equip gold moves everywhere...you can't buy skill, and this game relies a lot more heavily on skill, strategy, and timing than UFC 2 did.

I don't have anything against people spending money to grind less if I can beat them with superior skill that I earned from playing more hours than they did.

People complain about not getting rewarded for spending more time in the game, they don't seem to realize that all their time IS being rewarded with increased skill. Also, let's be real, most people who will play this game will have school, jobs, whatever, and will still want to be competitive against no-lifers who literally do nothing other than play the game all day. Having those people dominate a game is basically cancer for the community. Microtransactions, if balance correctly (which is a huge "if"), CAN mitigate that and create a more even playing field.

It remains to be seen, but I personally think that expiring perks and such will actually cause the average person to buy fewer packs, because it's not worth buying something in a video game that disappears after x amount of fights.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #15
Rookie

my biggest worry is gonna be the 6 boost u can use at once and some of these boost may turn out to be really useful (+13 striking staminagold,+12 grappling staminasilver etc) this appears to be were the pay to win system is and it just depends on how much of an affect these have. 6 seems way too much considering the last game had 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #16
Rookie

Pandam8nium's Arena

Only 4 weight classes again? Why should I take Demetrius Johnson if he is 3 classes below lightweight, he lost in reach for 50 cm...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »