Home

Post your EA UFC 3 BETA Realistic Fights!

This is a discussion on Post your EA UFC 3 BETA Realistic Fights! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #41
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post your EA UFC 3 BETA Realistic Fights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake the striker
A lot of talking, yet no videos posted.

Good thing the people in this thread whom I actually respect and whos opinions matter to me liked the fight. I'd love to see either of you post a video of your fights so we can see how your striking compares, after all it's easy to talk **** about other peoples efforts from the sidelines.
All I do is play sim. Period. Die hard. Hardcore. Sim player.

Spamming the same 2 combos 100 times in a row, is not playing sim.

You guys didn't throw non stop strikes at least; I like your patience, and intent, but milking jab-body kick 100 times each per round is not realistic.

;Doing the same lean->hook 100 times a round, is not realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake the striker
A lot of talking, yet no videos posted.

Good thing the people in this thread whom I actually respect and whos opinions matter to me liked the fight. I'd love to see either of you post a video of your fights so we can see how your striking compares, after all it's easy to talk **** about other peoples efforts from the sidelines.
I got clips on clips on clips on clips

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 12-12-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 10:31 PM   #42
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Jab bodykick all over. How is that a realistic fight. I hope they nerf that nonsense.
Yup. I've watched a few of Martials YouTube vids where he abuses the crap out of that to gain a stamina advantage.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #43
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The meticulous Esp
I hope this realistic fight thread include fight vs the AI, but if i do not forgive me.
Fights against the AI are indeed more than welcome.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

Spamming the same 2 combos 100 times in a row, is not playing sim.

You guys didn't throw non stop strikes at least; I like your patience, and intent, but milking jab-body kick 100 times each per round is not realistic.

;Doing the same lean->hook 100 times a round, is not realistic.
It really depends who you're simulating. Some fighters throw basically the same combination over and over again, like Garbrandt pretty much only throws a 2-3 or a 3-2, Diaz is 90% a 1-2 and a slap until he hurts someone/is clearly winning, Anthony Pettis throws a 1-2 or a 1-2-3 combination (pretty much) every time someone backs him up to the fence. The best example of this is Aldo-Edgar 2, Aldo won that fight with a pretty basic boxing toolset, because Frankie couldn't adjust/take him down.

It's not necessarily unrealistic to do it, it's just unrealistic for it to be so effective and to produce such high volume. Jab-bodykick especially because it was broken in the beta and you couldn't defend it in a logical way (I know you can duck, but I've never once wanted to duck into a body kick IRL), but if someone wants to play only throwing counter 2-3 lowkick, you should adapt and take the counter away by changing your style rather than expecting them to decide they've landed that shot too often and should stop throwing it.

To be clear, throwing only jab-bodykick was way too effective in the beta, but people having a fairly shallow tool box of combinations isn't inherently unrealistic. Like many things in the beta, I think a lot of peoples issue with this comes from poor/unrealistic defence, whether for mechanical reasons (body kick being uncatchable, the input lag, the all or nothing defence) or skill reasons (bad footwork, poor perception of range, predictable/patterned head movement)
Old 12-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #45
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I think most of the fault for unrealistic outcomes of fights lies in the victim being unrealistically bad at countering something.

I'm having a busy week and still couldn't finish my video about defense. But here is a nother fight with a fairly realistic pace:

This fight has two very good examples of countering the body kick with head movement, on the second round: one around 4 minutes and one around 2 minutes. The counters are very powerful. I think people are sleeping on this stuff.

Last edited by Solid_Altair; 12-14-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #46
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I think most of the fault for unrealistic outcomes of fights lies in the victim being unrealistically bad at countering something.

I'm having a busy week and still couldn't finish my video about defense. But here is a nother fight with a fairly realistic pace:

This fight has two very good examples of countering the body kick with head movement, on the second round: one around 4 minutes and one around 2 minutes. The counters are very powerful. I think people are sleeping on this stuff.
Except that's not a counter at 4 minutes, it's you ducking into it (actually you just get hit by it, and then duck) and the body kick having some sort of detection issue with you not budging at all from it and so you're able to trade off with a uppercut after it. Might be due to the "invincibily frames" of the ducking. Sort of similar as the force field that happens against a overhand.

I know you're a fan of ducking since I've played a lot against you, but honestly, it is kind of ridiculous how you can pretty much trade off everytime from it even though you're getting hit cleanly.

The only weakness to the duck being the uppercuts, except most strikes that comes from the ducking has that speed boost that don't make sense coming from a stationary position which makes the uppercut in this case too slow. Uppercuts from ducking, I'd get it, but hooks and straights? No way. Unless there's momentum from you going forward with it, it simply shouldn't have that boost. Leaning to the side and throwing a hook from the same side for exemple has a momentum that comes with it so that's normal. Ducking? It doesn't. The momentum comes upward.

Anyway, it shouldn't have the invincibility frames imo, it should at the very least budge you if you get hit or mess with your accuracy.. Unless it's the elbow that collides with the strike, which ain't the case at the ~4 minutes mark.

edit: And it's also a double jab body kick which doesn't nearly have the same speed as the one jab- body kick.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-14-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:03 AM   #47
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Except that's not a counter at 4 minutes, it's you ducking into it (actually you just get hit by it, and then duck) and the body kick having some sort of detection issue with you not budging at all from it and so you're able to trade off with a uppercut after it. Might be due to the "invincibily frames" of the ducking. Sort of similar as the force field that happens against a overhand.

I know you're a fan of ducking since I've played a lot against you, but honestly, it is kind of ridiculous how you can pretty much trade off everytime from it even though you're getting hit cleanly.

The only weakness to the duck being the uppercuts, except most strikes that comes from the ducking has that speed boost that don't make sense coming from a stationary position which makes the uppercut in this case too slow. Uppercuts from ducking, I'd get it, but hooks and straights? No way. Unless there's momentum from you going forward with it, it simply shouldn't have that boost. Leaning to the side and throwing a hook from the same side for exemple has a momentum that comes with it so that's normal. Ducking? It doesn't. The momentum comes upward.

Anyway, it shouldn't have the invincibility frames imo, it should at the very least budge you if you get hit or mess with your accuracy.. Unless it's the elbow that collides with the strike, which ain't the case at the ~4 minutes mark.

edit: And it's also a double jab body kick which doesn't nearly have the same speed as the one jab- body kick.
That is the main counter. And people are sleeping on it, trying to block low too often. That's my point.

I had forgotten to mention the weird speed of the hooks from ducking to the devs. Good thing you brought it up again. I"ll mention it to the devs, now.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
That is the main counter. And people are sleeping on it, trying to block low too often. That's my point.

I had forgotten to mention the weird speed of the hooks from ducking to the devs. Good thing you brought it up again. I"ll mention it to the devs, now.
I think his point was that ducking into a body kick isn't a real counter. Like, I can't recall anyone ever doing it IRL and I have never had any desire to do it myself IRL

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »