Home

Ugly Knock Outs - Give me your worst examples

This is a discussion on Ugly Knock Outs - Give me your worst examples within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:04 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ugly Knock Outs - Give me your worst examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus
The worst part about the system that's in place is that as soon as the strike hits and their head reacts, it looks great, but as soon as the 'knockout' animation starts, it spoils the entire fighters momentum.

If they could use the ragdoll system from UFC 2 but with the proper head reactions and the 'shocked' look on the fighters face from UFC 3, it'd be perfect.

I feel like for a better ragdoll system overall, most of the 'looseness' to the ragdoll should be on the head and neck, while the body still has weight to it, so a big hook would snap (well, twist) the fighters head to the side but everything below the head would be more stiff and weighty.
Thats a perfect way to do it
Old 12-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #74
MVP

I loved the UFC 2 ragdoll. It felt silly on all knockdowns sure, but for knockouts there was nothing better, it wasn't perfect but it was miles better than FNC's and UFC 1's static preset animations.

I really wish the beta had kept the ragdoll KO's.
I know there were over the top ones, but the majority were amazing. I saved atleast 20gb of ps4 capture footage of realistic KO's.

That said, with the UFC 3 KO's I often notice a noticeable reset, KO registration after the stroke that's blatantly obvious in the replays. It really detracts from the replay, several of the videos posted here show it.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd_krispy
i went oooh when i landed this counter but when i saw the over exaggerated animation i was like they better fix this , thats not how it looks to be ko'd with the left coming in with a hook to the body , i wonder how it would look with ufc 2's physics system
This is another great example. It's like the rigid animation kicks in way too aggressively, and it kills all the momentum.

Compare that with this UFC 2 knockout. The character gets caught mid punch and goes limp, and falls forward like you would expect. This all appears to be dictated by the ragdoll physics engine, allowing it to play out more organically.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Nobody difending pre made animations here. Why dont you understand? Do you actually feeling Ea ufcs ragdoll was pefect and realistic?? KOs animations must have some weight. Ea ufcs one didnt have it. Every KOs felt flying air like a paper. Honestly, it was good??? I dont think so. We need more better one than it.
Never said it was perfect but it’s much more realistic. Ragdoll system with some weight is the perfect solution. I agree that sometimes it felt like they are weightless but they are knocked out they should feel like that. They should feel like as joe rogan says “Astral travelling”.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #77
Pro

Ugly Knock Outs - Give me your worst examples

Say what you want about UFC 2's striking as it is miles behind UFC 3 and FNC, but I play that game still because the KO's are the best imo! I put FNC down well before all the patches, because all the KO's were just underwhelming. Even going back to it a couple months ago, the KO's are meh, even with the good gameplay. Feel like I've seen every KO animation in UFC 3 already and I haven't even played that much. They're already getting stale. Nothing new from any stream or vid that's making me want to try and up the KO anti! As awesome as the new stand up is, KO's are way behind UFC 2... and those are still awesome almost 2 years later

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by SMOKEZERO; 12-01-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool_Ice
This is another great example. It's like the rigid animation kicks in way too aggressively, and it kills all the momentum.

Compare that with this UFC 2 knockout. The character gets caught mid punch and goes limp, and falls forward like you would expect. This all appears to be dictated by the ragdoll physics engine, allowing it to play out more organically.

This one looks better than the beta's worst one but it looks still weightless even if slow motion.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
This one looks better than the beta's worst one but it looks still weightless even if slow motion.
That wasn't even a great example. UFC 2 ragdoll wasn't perfect, but the knockouts felt organic and UNIQUE each time! Some minor tuning and it could be perfect! Unique knockouts really enhance the replay value, especially with the incredible striking system in UFC 3.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #80
Banned

I started paying closer attention to it after seeing this thread, and what I see is the guy getting KO'd doesn't seem to react right to it. If you watch the follow through of the strike, their body doesn't match it. It's a momentum thing. They just don't seem animated well to match the kind of knockout you're landing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »