Home

Ugly Knock Outs - Give me your worst examples

This is a discussion on Ugly Knock Outs - Give me your worst examples within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2017, 12:00 AM   #169
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ugly Knock Outs - Give me your worst examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
That would make sense. If you can throw the ground version you should be able to throw it Standing as well.

I wonder what axe kick ko's look like. If they look nice or need work on the animation. The devs need a Beta with fighters who have such moves. Did anyone land any off the cage ko's strikes?
I saw one Showtime Kick KO. Both the Showtime Kick and the KO animation looked, well, bad, sadly.

The Showtime kick may have been the angle and distance to the cage from which he threw.it but it looked super wonky and the way the leg bounced off the cage kinda just looked bad, and the KO was a canned animation where they fell in an unrealistic way in the wrong direction.

Shame, as Showtime Kicks often led to good looking ragdoll knockdowns in 2.
As did Axe kicks, they were a bit silly, but BRUTAL, you'd basically throw your opponents head into the floor with your foot, I imagine they'll just have a random canned animation if they system doesn't change in 3.

I'm in the "Full KOs should be Fully Ragdoll" boat myself.
I think 2's ragdoll, with the torso 50% heavier, the legs 75% heavier, would be FAR, FAR better than what the beta had. They were awful, I'd prefer the odd backflip ragdoll as opposed to 90% of my fights ending with the fighter getting hit, KO'd, resetting position, then collapsing in a totally random direction not at all influenced by the KO strike any day of the week.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #170
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcuvhcOjvvA/

First KO is how the crazy ragdoll KO's look in UFC 2. I still think they're awesome. A little bit over the top sometimes but so much more fun and natural looking than the KO's in the UFC 3 beta
Old 12-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #171
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

This KO from an uppercut while the opponent was shooting for a TD was a bit awkward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2017, 02:53 AM   #172
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I saw one Showtime Kick KO. Both the Showtime Kick and the KO animation looked, well, bad, sadly.

The Showtime kick may have been the angle and distance to the cage from which he threw.it but it looked super wonky and the way the leg bounced off the cage kinda just looked bad, and the KO was a canned animation where they fell in an unrealistic way in the wrong direction.

Shame, as Showtime Kicks often led to good looking ragdoll knockdowns in 2.
As did Axe kicks, they were a bit silly, but BRUTAL, you'd basically throw your opponents head into the floor with your foot, I imagine they'll just have a random canned animation if they system doesn't change in 3.

I'm in the "Full KOs should be Fully Ragdoll" boat myself.
I think 2's ragdoll, with the torso 50% heavier, the legs 75% heavier, would be FAR, FAR better than what the beta had. They were awful, I'd prefer the odd backflip ragdoll as opposed to 90% of my fights ending with the fighter getting hit, KO'd, resetting position, then collapsing in a totally random direction not at all influenced by the KO strike any day of the week.
I had to YouTube it to see Beta footage if the kick because I never used it or seen it. But I agree it does look a bit off. I didn't really see many off the cage strikes. But Hopefully they look right in the retail.

I'm sure there is lots of strikes we didn't get to see in the beta due to the limited fighters we were given.

IMO it seemed like I seen more rag doll from trips then from actual Knockdowns and KO's. I know the devs are working hard on this matter.

The random direction thing just reminded me of a clip I have let me see if I can find it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »