Home

1-2 Punch Spam Needs To Be Nerfed

This is a discussion on 1-2 Punch Spam Needs To Be Nerfed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #25
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1-2 Punch Spam Needs To Be Nerfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Are you on xbox?
Xbox is for losers. Absolutely not.

I think what people aren't understanding is that when you factor in distance and timing... It's not as simple as being able to just duck and uppercut. Again... If you look at a fight and just say "well he should have just slipped that and done this" you'd be laughed at. It's not exactly the same thing but it's related. In real time... when you're hurt and you have a guy who is a crafty spammer (they exist) it's much harder to pull off. Harder than it should be. I believe it'll get nerfed at some point though. I strongly believe it's OP so eventually it will. We'll see.

When I say nerfed... I mean either buffing defensive options or slowing down punches... slowing down stamina recovery. Something.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 12-01-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95

I think what people aren't understanding is that when you factor in distance and timing... It's not as simple as being able to just duck and uppercut. Again... If you look at a fight and just say "well he should have just slipped that and done this" you'd be laughed at. It's not exactly the same thing but it's related. In real time... when you're hurt and you have a guy who is a crafty spammer (they exist) it's much harder to pull off. Harder than it should be. I believe it'll get nerfed at some point though. I strongly believe it's OP so eventually it will. We'll see.

When I say nerfed... I mean either buffing defensive options or slowing down punches... slowing down stamina recovery. Something.
Kidding??? I have XB1 and PS4 both now. I am playing only XB1 due to controller. You have narrow-minded, smh.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #27
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Kidding??? I have XB1 and PS4 both now. I am playing only XB1 due to controller. You have narrow-minded, smh.
Nah man... I was being sarcastic

Last edited by Serengeti1; 12-01-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:

What am I supposed to do in this situation? If I move my head.... I'm ****ed. The punches would hit me. If I block.... The block gets broken. This happened for a good 2 minutes before I got knocked out. I felt like there was literally nothing I could do to stop him knocking me down. This clearly needs to be nerfed but hasn't even be acknowledged by devs yet. It's not just Diaz either. The defensive options just aren't good enough. Or the punches are too fast. Depending on how you want to look at it. I also couldn't get away from him by moving backwards. I was literally helpless.
He threw the same 4 hit combo at you 3 times. You could of waited on the last punch to sway and counter, or circle off of the cage.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:

Honestly you just didnt look very good in that short clip. He threw the same combos with the same rhythm. You could’ve lunged, ducked, circled. You had options while he let his stamina regain.

You should work on distance management before asking for it to be nerfed

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 12-01-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #30
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Honestly you just didnt look very good in that short clip. He threw the same combos with the same rhythm. You could’ve lunged, ducked, circled. You had options while he let his stamina regain.

You should work on distance management before asking for it to be nerfed
Very easy for you to say while you're on xbox. I'd likely smash you.

You can't manage distance when it takes 1 or two of any punches to rock you. What you're suggesting makes no sense. Back dashing into the cage so he can land more 1-2s on me a millisecond later? Circling into a hook? Is anyone actually going to respond to my arguments for why the particular defense they're suggesting wouldn't work? Nobody has yet.

I didn't know he was gonna throw the same combination three times. I could barely tell he was throwing a 1-2-hook in the heat of the moment. They were all coming out so fast. Diaz's hooks are also long af. not to mention that wasn't the only combo he was throwing. You're being very naive.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 12-01-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I know how to duck and uppercut. I know how to do everything you're telling me to do. I've done it.

How would me back dashing solve anything? He'd close the distance again instantly and continue doing the same ****.

You're also only watching a clip of the fight. I tried other things previously. At a certain point I ran out of ideas and just held block because I felt helpless.

I'd love to play anyone who thinks this was easy to get out of and the reason I didn't is because I suck.

For the record... I absolutely love this game. It's so much better than UFC 2. The striking feels so much better. But let's call a spade a spade. This kind of spamming is BS when in the right hands. He knew how to exploit the system. 1-2-hook repeatedly. Sometimes mixed it up a little but that **** was torture lol.
Backdashing and lunging give you space plus they give you opportunities to counter with leg and body kick or just straight strikes.

From that small clip, it just looks like you panicked and expected the block to be enough to protect you.

As I said before, I've been spammed by Diazs and Diaz's 1-2 needs to be nerfed. I havent been 1-2 spammed successfully by anyone else successfully because 1) The evasion tactics like back dashing and lunging work and 2)No other fighter has Diaz's 1-2 animation (which is the reason it works for Diaz).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Very easy for you to say while you're on xbox. I'd likely smash you.

You can't manage distance when it takes 1 or two of any punches to rock you. What you're suggesting makes no sense. Back dashing into the cage so he can land more 1-2s on me a millisecond later? Circling into a hook? Is anyone actually going to respond to my arguments for why the particular defense they're suggesting wouldn't work? Nobody has yet.

I didn't know he was gonna throw the same combination three times. I could barely tell he was throwing a 1-2-hook in the heat of the moment. They were all coming out so fast. Diaz's hooks are also long af. not to mention that wasn't the only combo he was throwing. You're being very naive.
You understand that once you're at this point in terms of health, you've already made a bunch of mistakes that we can't see in the video? We don't know if this sequence is how the entire fight looked or if he was mixing it up or if you were timing kicks poorly or if you ran into some shots or anything. You're asking us to judge how you dealt with one exchange on the feet, where you're already in a massively disadvantageous position with your back to the fence with low head health. If you're at this point, you've made your mistakes, but I have no idea what those mistakes were. As for circling into a hook, you have a 50/50 shot of circling into one, but if you just stand there, you're going to get hit. There is not, nor should there be a risk free way to get off the fence.

However, having said all that, I'm of the opinion that Diaz's 1-2 needs tuning because this shouldn't work for an entire fight and should be more difficult in open space than it is (although there is counters such a ducking uppercuts and low kicks) but it absolutely should work like this as a finishing sequence. If you back into the fence with low health, I should be able to flurry with a bunch of shots and stop you, but it should also tank my stamina if I don't get the finish and this is what I feel is lacking right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »