Home

1-2 Punch Spam Needs To Be Nerfed

This is a discussion on 1-2 Punch Spam Needs To Be Nerfed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #41
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1-2 Punch Spam Needs To Be Nerfed

Just to prove a point that I have no issue managing distance (because my ego is now hurt)... I just got this finish. Which is a very regular occurrence for me. What you don't see is me keeping him at bay with mostly the jab the whole fight before reading his head kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #42
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I've played Sergenti multiple times. Hes very good, patient, deliberate, and knows what hes doing. The guy isn't out there just mashing on buttons.....

The 1-2 1-2 spam IS a problem. And it's not just with Diaz. I have guys throwing ~180 strike a round, and starting round 2 with basically full stamina still. That's a problem.

I'm ok with you being able to throw 180 strikes in rd 1. But you better be gassed tf out after that, not at full stamina ready to throw another 150 in rd 2.\

Diaz tho, the fact he is 7 ft tall, has lighting fast boxing, with Mike Tyson power, and can Head Kick like Prime Cro Cop. He's the tallest, longest, fastest, and has deathly power. LMAO. It's just crazy. It's just too much. They need to differentiate speed and damage from punches and kicks. Having it all in just a "speed" and "damage" stat is very very very wrong.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 12-01-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:09 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I've played Sergenti multiple times. Hes very good, patient, deliberate, and knows what hes doing. The guy isn't out there just mashing on buttons.....

The 1-2 1-2 spam IS a problem. And it's not just with Diaz. I have guys throwing ~180 strike a round, and starting round 2 with basically full stamina still. That's a problem.

I'm ok with you beikng able to throw 180 strikes in rd 1. But you better be gassed tf out after that, not at full stamina ready to throw another 150 in rd 2.
The issue is that it doesnt take as much stamina on whiffs.

You have to land body strikes to lower their long term stamina, then the spam will start killing their stamina even more.

I agree on the stamina issue and the fact that it has too much stopping power up close.

He just posted a poor example with his video lol.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:

I'm ok with you beikng able to throw 180 strikes in rd 1. But you better be gassed tf out after that, not at full stamina ready to throw another 150 in rd 2.\

Diaz tho, the fact he is 7 ft tall, has lighting fast boxing, with Mike Tyson power, can Head Kick like Cro Cop. It's just too much. They need to differentiate speed and damage from punches and kicks. Having it all in just a "speed" and "damage" stat is very very very wrong.
I think Diaz is a problem, 1-2s in generally need to take more stamina if spammed and Diaz needs either a speed or power reduction. In regards to Serengeti as a player, I have no idea how good he is because I haven't played him.

In that video he just stands in front of the dude blocking, which looks really, really bad. Obviously, everyone panics under pressure occasionally, and it's a tiny sample size, but it doesn't look great.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I tried that previously. If I lunge... I lunge into a hook and get instant KO'd. Back dash would just put me on the cage to get spammed some more. Trust me.... There is not a defense against this ****. I'm a competent player.

I'm hoping everyone defending this stuff will eventually come to their senses. In theory the stuff you're saying is nice... But it does not work like that in game. It can work like that.... but under certain circumstances... You are ****ed.

At the end of the day... I have to hit the lottery to get out of that (even tho in this circumstance I think it was literally impossible because one punch was constantly rocking me or knocking me down). All he has to do is continue moving forward and spamming combinations. I have to time a lunge to the side perfectly when he throws a straight punch while the punches are coming out like bullets. Many other fighters can throw combos this fast. It's not just Diaz.
I get rocked almost every single fight multiple times. I've only gotten knocked down maybe 5 times. DUCK DUCK DUCK. if they are flying at you with a flurry block until they break your block then start ducking for hooks and side to side for 1-2's you have to switch between blocking and swaying depending on your head and block health. I can literally stand directly in front of someone and they can rock me but not knock me down by doing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #46
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
They need to differentiate speed and damage from punches and kicks. Having it all in just a "speed" and "damage" stat is very very very wrong.
Wait... what? lol. Is this seriously true? Definitely needs to be changed if that's the case. I don't really understand what goes into making a decision like that.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #47
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh kick speed and hand speed definitely needs to seperate. You have guys like Diaz throwing these fast head kicks and stuff when his kicks are fairly slow irl.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #48
Just started!

Can anyone explain how to duck hooks? I can duck 1-2's no problem. But I'm always getting smacked with hooks for some reason. Can anyone give insight on the timing to duck them properly?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »