Home

Fighting Off The Jab Is Awesome In This Game

This is a discussion on Fighting Off The Jab Is Awesome In This Game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Fighting Off The Jab Is Awesome In This Game

Just wanted to share this because I'm having so much fun with it. Made this guy rage quit haha. It's definitely not OP or anything. Far from it. But it's so fun. Also, when they start trying to slip it... Head kick them. You can really establish a pattern with it and get them sleeping... then BOOM. It's not going to work against all play styles and you'll have to adapt but for once.... The jab feels like a jab. The fact that you can throw it while pushing forward or moving back makes it so fun too.

The animation that happens when they get hit with it is great. You often get a stun if they try a high level move.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 11-30-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 01:53 AM   #2
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: Fighting Off The Jab Is Awesome In This Game

Nice! Caught him with a nasty head kick at the end there too. But yh the jab can be used a lot better now, thanks to the RPM. Also noticed that there are different kinds of jabs. Like the ones that Pettis, Alverez and I think Khabib have are more shorter range jabs, but they seem quicker.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:22 AM   #3
MVP

Yeah, it's great that the jab actually functions now instead of just being a tool to increase your combo multiplier. Love using it to set up kicks with Barboza!
Old 12-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #4
MVP

I agree with all of this heartily.
And I thought alvarez, khabib and Pettis had a shorter, pumping jab too.

However, I kinda wish jabs were the only punch unable to cause (atleast) a full KO.
Given how required they are for effective offense now, I keep having a lot of fights end with my opponent stunned, then KO'd by the step in jab I'm using to load my hooks/headkick, Leading to me slapping air around my collapsing opponent.

I think jabs should be able to cause an alert KO, but once the background chin meter is past the alert KD stage, jabs shouldn't be able to cause the heavier knockdowns I think.
Except maybe the running jab as you could consider that a cross thrown from open stance.

Just my two cents, what do you guys think?

Edit: fixed a typo.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:32 AM   #5
Rookie

UpTehCooch's Arena

Nice. Ya everything about the striking is much better than ufc 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #6
Rookie

I assume his leg kick feint was accidental, because if hes throwing those, but doesn´t just duck and uppercut you hes had a strange learning curve
Old 12-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedee
I assume his leg kick feint was accidental, because if hes throwing those, but doesn´t just duck and uppercut you hes had a strange learning curve
Probably trying to time kicks but started realising the jab was gonna interrupt them. He started swaying and countering with a straight but then I started kicking him in the head lol.

I feel like you shouldn't be able to duck and uppercut someone jabbing while maintaining distance though. I should be able to get out of the way of the uppercut in time. Can you really counter a single jab like that in game?
Old 12-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Probably trying to time kicks but started realising the jab was gonna interrupt them. He started swaying and countering with a straight but then I started kicking him in the head lol.

I feel like you shouldn't be able to duck and uppercut someone jabbing while maintaining distance though. I should be able to get out of the way of the uppercut in time. Can you really counter a single jab like that in game?
Single jabs are almost impossible to counter IRL, unless you're running in behind it like a madman. How I've been dealing with (the very rare) jabbers I've encountered is to try and confuse the distance with feints, stand right on the very edge of kicking range and feint then throw, the jab falls just short and you land a crushing low/body kick. I don't have too much experience against it though, because the AI doesn't really do it and 99% of people online are Diaz 1-2 spammers or Tony Ferguson rolling for leg locks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »