Home

Signature AI

This is a discussion on Signature AI within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 10:21 PM   #73
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Signature AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I think you're misunderstanding why I'm asking for it. I do want to and plan to give you all feedback once we downtrodden PS4 folk get the game, but the reason I would like a list of who has custom AI is that I run a spreadsheet universe when I play. Since I don't have time to use all of the fighters on the roster I pare it down to roughly 15 fighters per division I'm interested in, occasionally promoting a guy via a mini-tournament from the excluded fighters and giving the boot to someone at the bottom of the division that's gone on a skid. If I had a list of who had a signature AI (and therefore who ought to be giving the most realism and variability in offline play) I could make sure to include those guys in my rosters, or at least use it as a factor in deciding.
To piggyback off of this, I run a league that is entirely AI vs AI fights, so knowing which fighters have the custom AI gives more control to the users in the league when making their fighter.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #74
EA Sports UFC Developer

At the moment, we're not planning to release the full roster of which fighters do and do not have full customized AIs, as it would cause more contention than happiness. That being said, the top 5-10 fighters in each division are a fairly safe bet that they are customized.

As much as I understand that there are well behaved adults on this forum, that would use this information solely for the good of their enjoyment of the game, too many others would use it to complain and bemoan the fighters without customizations. We will continue to update fighters when possible, but sadly we cannot dedicate large amounts of time to adding lots of customizations to every fighter on the roster.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
As much as I understand that there are well behaved adults on this forum...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #76
EA Sports UFC Developer

Re: UFC 3 Beta Signature AI Tendencies and Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
For CAF's do they take on the tendencies based on stance or personality?
Not 100% sure...but I think it is the stance that sets the AI to be the same as that fighter.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #77
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Not 100% sure...but I think it is the stance that sets the AI to be the same as that fighter.

Hmm. I swear I thought it was the personality. For example, I gave a caf a personality of Ana aggressive fighter and his Ai was very aggressive. I switched it to Wonderboy and he layed back in the next fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #78
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Hmm. I swear I thought it was the personality. For example, I gave a caf a personality of Ana aggressive fighter and his Ai was very aggressive. I switched it to Wonderboy and he layed back in the next fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Could be! I'll poke around and try to find out...
Old 01-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #79
MVP

Woodleys AI is a little off.
The strike output for him is SPOT on.
But his footwork is all crazy likes, he glues himself to you, and just stays within striking distance at all times, despite the low output.

At first I thought he was doing it to slip and rip, but he rarely did that, he just stood in striking range blocking most shots and occasionally firing off a few combos.

If I'm not mistaken, Woodley likes to hover just out of striking range and will happily give up ground to keep this preferred distance, then when the time is right he explodes forward to setup that right hand.

I really liked his conservative, paced output, that was on point, but he engages way too much without actually doing anything and doesn't use range like he actually would.

He also hasn't used his overhand on me once, hasn't even tried, which was a touch odd.

On a side note, Mark Hunt might have a AI bug, last fight he literally spammed rear overhand - lead uppercut combos constantly, like he was stuck in a loop. Thankfully that only happened once, but it was weird, albeit good practice.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:49 PM   #80
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Woodleys AI is a little off.
The strike output for him is SPOT on.
But his footwork is all crazy likes, he glues himself to you, and just stays within striking distance at all times, despite the low output.

At first I thought he was doing it to slip and rip, but he rarely did that, he just stood in striking range blocking most shots and occasionally firing off a few combos.

If I'm not mistaken, Woodley likes to hover just out of striking range and will happily give up ground to keep this preferred distance, then when the time is right he explodes forward to setup that right hand.

I really liked his conservative, paced output, that was on point, but he engages way too much without actually doing anything and doesn't use range like he actually would.

He also hasn't used his overhand on me once, hasn't even tried, which was a touch odd.

On a side note, Mark Hunt might have a AI bug, last fight he literally spammed rear overhand - lead uppercut combos constantly, like he was stuck in a loop. Thankfully that only happened once, but it was weird, albeit good practice.
That's rather odd to hear, as Woodley is indeed setup to be quite a range-y fighter. He should only stay stuck to you if you're on easy, where most AI's are setup to not run away or create too much distance. That is simply to make for an easier and more engaging experience for newer users who don't have as capable cage control skills, etc.

Other difficulties should have Woodley fighting like his irl self.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »