Home

Takedowns. Have you figured them out yet?

This is a discussion on Takedowns. Have you figured them out yet? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Takedowns. Have you figured them out yet?

So, when it came to UFC 2, I feel like I had great timing and understanding of them, a away filled the GA by X amount, leaning forward by X, if they were blocked high, throwing a kick, against the cage etc. I had it to the point my takedown meter filled near instantly and rarely got denied.

UFC 3, unless they just threw a kick or are against the cage, I can’t figure out the timing or GA of them now that we are constantly moving. Swaying while moving doesn’t seem to do anything or make them easier.

What have you guys figured out that assists takedowns to make them land more consistently? Honestly I’m more of a striker then anything, but having the option to take the fight to the ground wether its due to losing the standup, or wanting to throw the other guy off, I like having that ability in my arsenal..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: Takedowns. Have you figured them out yet?

In UT people are running rampant on takedowns, however in quick matches it takes skill and without using khabib. The best time to get a takedown for me is when they are not expecting it. You will need to strike and dont look desperate, also sometimes its luck because if they throw a overhand you can sneak under for the td etc but it still can get denied.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

I can't for the life of me get a power takedown without Tony with doing his roll
Old 11-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
Banned

So tough to pull off a takedown other than being in the clinch it’s like the TD input is so terrible I literally try to attempt a takedown and I sit there and get popped because I’m trying to shoot and it’s not letting me so my block is down , kinda frustrating but this would probably be a little tweak for you guys so hopefully that gets fixed by release , and it’s kinda easy to deny TDS while over extending and kicking when it shouldn’t be there should be a huge grapple advantage to someone who perfectly times a kick and either ducks and shoots or block and shoot , as for overending , the crazy overhand , the hooks or even straights we should be able to duck or dodge and get a better chance of completing the TD
Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
MVP

I've actually posted this to several threads and a bug report.
But as it stands, you can't (in all my experience with the beta) mix TDs into combo chains, nor shoot directly after a sway, like you can throw a punch,
You have to be either idle or moving forward, without a combo load going to shoot.

My problem with this is combos that end in TDD ARE A HUGE PART OF MMA.
How many fighters do you see blindy shoot all shots? (Panic shoots excluded)
Any fighter worth their salt will atleast press forward pumping a half assed jab before blasting a power double.

I'm hoping its just something that wasnt in the beta, but is in the main game.
At the very least a 1-double/single 1-1-double/single.

Outside of the clinch you really can't effectively set up a shot any more, blindly shooting is a death sentence against anyone with knees or good timing on uppercuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 11:47 PM   #6
MVP

Actually after thinking about it more, what about a wrestling/grappling combo style?
Where you essentially have a bunch of traditional takedown and grappling setups.

Mostly it'd be jabs to set things up, but a hook feint into TD is common.
I'm not saying everyone should have these either, but guys like Alvarez and Lee need ways t set up their shots. The TDs setup off the jab and stuff should still have the full denial window, I don't want TDs to be op, but I feel at the moment its a bit too hard for (especially PvP) fights to fluidly transition from standup to grappling.

Sometimes grappling is all you can do against a far, far more skilled striker.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I think we can't buff the TD input, which really sucks.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:39 AM   #8
Pro

I use mostly Ferg and Pettis, and its rare with Ferg I can get a takedown unless its a double leg next to the cage or I get lucky. And yeah there is a delay at times as well, many Ive tried to shoot a takedown after a missed kick or combo from them for my guy to just stand there dumb founded and then eats 1-2s.

It’s frustrating going from awesome takedowns to feeling like a newb that can’t shoot if his life depended on it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »