Home

Two-touch spinning side kick

This is a discussion on Two-touch spinning side kick within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 02:31 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Two-touch spinning side kick

To me it's not bad because it can't be used like other kicks.
You actually need range to get that kick off. Constant pressure or great distance will nullify that kick. It takes 3 modifiers to use that kick. In real life it's not an easy kick to stop. It's a Tae Kwon Do kick which has variations such as a two touch double body kick.

Eating the body kick from the two touch isn't bad, block your head or sway or dash out the way it's not impossible. We don't even have the full roster yet, Pettis and Diakiese users are the only two in the beta that have it. I plan on using Diakiese even after the beta. That kick on both Pettis and Diakiese is only a level 2 so it's not that powerful compared to Pettis level 4 showtime kick. It's not impossible to stop just as the 1-2's aren't impossible to stop.

I understand your frustration because it's a unique kick which goes low then high. But coming from someone who actually uses the move I was only able to use the kick on people who left too much distance between us. Go to the legs and body, that kick has alot of Vulnerability which may result in a trip, or leg rocked event if timed right, regular rocked event, knockdown or Ko.

Go to the practice mode choose Pettis or Diakiese then set the settings to strike recording, enable recording via Left on the D-PAD Pad then use the two touch Kick while playing as your opponent, after that hit Up on the D-PAD to turn playback on and the CPU will act out that command so that you can practice movement, counters takedowns, blocking, or whatever you want to practice.

Blocking Two Touch Kick

Sway The Two Touch Kick

Dash Away From The Two Touch Kick

Old 12-01-2017, 07:04 AM   #10
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
To me it's not bad because it can't be used like other kicks.
You actually need range to get that kick off. Constant pressure or great distance will nullify that kick. It takes 3 modifiers to use that kick. In real life it's not an easy kick to stop. It's a Tae Kwon Do kick which has variations such as a two touch double body kick.

Eating the body kick from the two touch isn't bad, block your head or sway or dash out the way it's not impossible. We don't even have the full roster yet, Pettis and Diakiese users are the only two in the beta that have it. I plan on using Diakiese even after the beta. That kick on both Pettis and Diakiese is only a level 2 so it's not that powerful compared to Pettis level 4 showtime kick. It's not impossible to stop just as the 1-2's aren't impossible to stop.

I understand your frustration because it's a unique kick which goes low then high. But coming from someone who actually uses the move I was only able to use the kick on people who left too much distance between us. Go to the legs and body, that kick has alot of Vulnerability which may result in a trip, or leg rocked event if timed right, regular rocked event, knockdown or Ko.

Go to the practice mode choose Pettis or Diakiese then set the settings to strike recording, enable recording via Left on the D-PAD Pad then use the two touch Kick while playing as your opponent, after that hit Up on the D-PAD to turn playback on and the CPU will act out that command so that you can practice movement, counters takedowns, blocking, or whatever you want to practice.

Blocking Two Touch Kick

Sway The Two Touch Kick

Dash Away From The Two Touch Kick

Good post.

I like that it is unique to certain fighters but I have been playing Ultimate Team and it seems like every few opponents has it in their move list.

I still agree with the idea that a single block for this would be a good idea however!
Old 12-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #11
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Good thread. I think it's OP, too. I'm pestering the devs to nerf it one way or another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

It’s a little op. I hope they don’t try to fix it with a stamina drain. That’s my least favorite way of trying to fix something like this.

In real life why don’t guys throw this over and over? Because if you’re looking for it you can step away from it really easily and set up a hard counter. So hopefully individual strike vulnerabilities to sway/lunges are tunable and they can make this one more avoidable.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:19 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allzo
Good post.

I like that it is unique to certain fighters but I have been playing Ultimate Team and it seems like every few opponents has it in their move list.

I still agree with the idea that a single block for this would be a good idea however!
Yes I can see in ultimate team how this would be a little different especially since stats are lower in UT it would make the kick harder to block, or dodge. In a way one block can block both kicks but it depends on your range I have clips of this as well. If your not in that exact range it won't work.

In this case I can definitely see how this would be an issue. I suppose they can tune the damage. Later on I'll do timing of it to catch the kick as well to see how much speed plays a role in this. To see if it's speed or power for adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »