Home

Catch head kicks please!!

This is a discussion on Catch head kicks please!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Catch head kicks please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoney718
Some people just play the video games and not care about the actual sport 🤦🏽*♂️

XBGT: Jodie McGregor
Really so your saying that in rl fights ppl do not grab head kicks and shove opponents to the ground? Maybe you my friend should pay a bit more attention and "care" as you say about the sport because it happens.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #18
Rookie

I didnt say it never happened. The person I quoted simply asked "when's the last time he saw a head kick caught?" It's ULTRA RARE is the point we are making, thus putting it in a video game is not pointless, but is time and resource consuming. When that same time and resources should be put elsewhere, and not catering to "spectacle".

Old 12-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOCgorilla
Head kicks have in fact been caught before. As i said it wouldnt be a constant occurance maybe after opponent spams so many times with no contact? Something like that.
You can most definitely grab a head kick and push opponent backwards.
I mean it happens so why not have it in the game.
I think a problem might be running out of input combinations. I'd rather see kick *parries* (carrying the leg through with the momentum of the kick) introduced; I think those occur more often than catches.

I'd like to see parries reintroduced with RT + RS for head strikes and RT+LT+RS for low strikes. However, the catch would be having to pick the correct *side* of the body. For a head kick coming to my right, I would have to press RT+RS-right; a low kick to that side would be RT+LT+RS-right. The risk-reward would be that you take far less damage to your block (and perhaps none to your head/body/leg) if you time this correctly, but if you choose the wrong side (ex you pressed RT+RS-left) then the incoming strike goes completely unblocked. Example: Opponent has been throwing a lot of left hooks. You start to parry that left hook. Now opponent feints the left hook (which you attempt to parry) and throws an opposite side head kick.

Last edited by theonlywoj; 12-01-2017 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Adding details to parry proposal
Old 12-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #20
Rookie

Eh i still think its relevant especially if you got a guy spamming like crazy. I dont think it would take a major undertaking to pull off an occasional catch.
And i do believe these were in the Undisputed series.
While i do think there are other things they need to focus on NOW it would be nice to maybe see it in a patch down the road.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #21
MVP

To be clear about my original comment, I am aware that head kicks are caught. But it's so rare that there's a bunch of stuff that I'd want improved or put in first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 04:37 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoney718
Some people just play the video games and not care about the actual sport 🤦🏽*♂️

But EA UFC is a simulation and not a game Teken etc.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
MVP

Does anybody know if you can catch headkicls when theyre thrown too close and go to the body/armpit? I think they should be catchable as that's the only time you see a caught headkick IRL.

Last time I saw someone try to catch a headkick they were eating Mirkos shin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »