Home

blocking stand up vs ground ufc 3

This is a discussion on blocking stand up vs ground ufc 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
blocking stand up vs ground ufc 3

its almost impossible to finish on the ground in full mount and half gaurd in ufc 3 . people can block a lot of heavy strikes get momentum then transition will the blocking on the ground be nerfed plus i understand that everyone is loving the way things are going in the stand up but the blocking in stand up fights are preaty bad it takes so long to regain block. getting rocks are easy but surviving them is hard especially if you blocked a few before getting rocked . i just hope it wont be like this on release. i understand people are going to say "head movement" but for some reason jabs hit you no matter where your head is . other than the blocking this game is awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Banned

Icon8 Re: blocking stand up vs ground ufc 3

You have to learn distance management

You cant rely on blocking for defense when on the feet. Same way in real life.

On the ground you wanna pound them out after their stamina is low
Old 12-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
Banned

Smile Re: blocking stand up vs ground ufc 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4einboy
its almost impossible to finish on the ground in full mount and half gaurd in ufc 3 . people can block a lot of heavy strikes get momentum then transition will the blocking on the ground be nerfed plus i understand that everyone is loving the way things are going in the stand up but the blocking in stand up fights are preaty bad it takes so long to regain block. getting rocks are easy but surviving them is hard especially if you blocked a few before getting rocked . i just hope it wont be like this on release. i understand people are going to say "head movement" but for some reason jabs hit you no matter where your head is . other than the blocking this game is awesome
Actually stand up blocking is pretty strong. if you did not know, straight and uppercuts might lower your block health but wont bleed through or break your block, that can only be done by round attacks like round house kicks hooks and overhand punch. With that being said you can now finally put a controlled pressure on your opponent. just gotta protect that body and stuff take downs.

so-- straights and uppercuts can be blocked, hooks and round kicks break the blocks, you can duck round kicks and hooks, and ducking is countered by uppercuts or up kicks.

Last edited by ricochet90; 12-01-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Re: blocking stand up vs ground ufc 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochet90
Actually stand up blocking is pretty strong. if you did not know, straight and uppercuts might lower your block health but wont bleed through or break your block, that can only be done by round attacks like round house kicks hooks and overhand punch. With that being said you can now finally put a controlled pressure on your opponent. just gotta protect that body and stuff take downs.

so-- straights and uppercuts can be blocked, hooks and round kicks break the blocks, you can duck round kicks and hooks, and ducking is countered by uppercuts or up kicks.
but spamming jab a few times breaks the block too and elbows and hooks does not do much in top mount . all im saying is if someone knows what there doing survivng a rock is allmost impossible unless the camera angle is off and he starts walking backwards
Old 12-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i get more finishes in half guard postured up sincei can hit their body but full mount is another story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i get more finishes in half guard postured up since i can hit their body but full mount is another story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »