Home

Strikes Per Minute: Stamina in UFC 3.

This is a discussion on Strikes Per Minute: Stamina in UFC 3. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #41
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Strikes Per Minute: Stamina in UFC 3.

Had a barboza throw 174 strikes vs me in the first round today, they were mainly 12s but he still had 90% of his stamina come start of second round...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #42
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
And those are highs tamina guys throwing much for only one round.
You're really going out of your way to defend the stamina/ output in some of these online fights. It's never going to be sim as the casuals need to be kept happy. They want to throw practically nonstop
Old 12-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #43
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
You're really going out of your way to defend the stamina/ output in some of these online fights. It's never going to be sim as the casuals need to be kept happy. They want to throw practically nonstop
I used to think this but I don't know how true it is. I have friends who are casual fans of MMA and boxing but they understand the sports. They understand the importance of head movement and counters. They see the beauty in it. Most casuals do at this point. I really think you'd be surprised. If head movement and picking your shots felt more effective and intuitive.... you'd see more of it instead of spam. Sure, most spammers are easy to beat. But it's also pretty easy to get rocked by a spammer too. That **** just takes me out of the game. Ruins immersion.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #44
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I used to think this but I don't know how true it is. I have friends who are casual fans of MMA and boxing but they understand the sports. They understand the importance of head movement and counters. They see the beauty in it. Most casuals do at this point. I really think you'd be surprised. If head movement and picking your shots felt more effective and intuitive.... you'd see more of it instead of spam. Sure, most spammers are easy to beat. But it's also pretty easy to get rocked by a spammer too. That **** just takes me out of the game. Ruins immersion.
You're right. The worst is actually higher level players who understand game mechanics and have the skill to exploit where those mechanics may fall short to their advantage. Also my condolences on being a fellow Phins fan. Depressing, depressing **** my friend
Old 12-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #45
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
You're right. The worst is actually higher level players who understand game mechanics and have the skill to exploit where those mechanics may fall short to their advantage. Also my condolences on being a fellow Phins fan. Depressing, depressing **** my friend
Yeah, that's true.

I'm from London. I don't even know which sport the logo is connected to. I just liked the way it looked. I hope you get over the grief of whatever happened to them though lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #46
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Another part of the problem is TD denials being too easy

Irl you have to respect the TD so you cant just swing like crazy(Diaz does but gets taken down at will because of it.
This was my biggest concern for this game. Looks like it’s still a problem.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 12-03-2017, 12:56 AM   #47
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

200 strikes in 1 round... lol

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 01:29 AM   #48
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

I've raised the issue to GPD. It's a little complex. Right now the stamina meta is skewed toward punishing opponents after their flurries with body strikes, which is exactly what GPD's deep dive said. If you do that, it works (except against Diaz, but he's a different issue altogether).

Some fighters, notably Diakese, gas a lot from output alone.

GPD's reply to me (and I think he'd be cool with me revealing it since the beta is public now) is that if he were to increase stamina expenditure baseline, he'd probably have to dial back how much the body strikes do to compensate. Otherwise it would be too extreme, which I agree with.

Thing is, I believe most fighters are balanced pretty well stamina-wise. Conor can't flurry nonstop especially if you attack his body. Diakese can't. Eddie Alvarez has a good cardio stat but he too gasses if you go to his body or if he spams.

Diaz however has multiple perks that essentially give him an endless gas tank even if he spams and takes body shots, so I think he might be skewing perception of overall stamina.

But, I still think baseline stamina expenditure is still probably a little too low. I think it should be raised A LITTLE, Diaz perks should be beaten back a lot, and guys with already bad cardio like Diakese will need a slight cardio buff to compensate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »