Home

Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

This is a discussion on Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #17
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

Plus you don’t see your opponents arm health anymore like you did in UFC 2. So in UFC 3 you have no clue if anything is happening. Sometimes the head will lose health faster then the block will break. It’s weird and makes no sense at all.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:55 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Plus you don’t see your opponents arm health anymore like you did in UFC 2. So in UFC 3 you have no clue if anything is happening. Sometimes the head will lose health faster then the block will break. It’s weird and makes no sense at all.
The first time I got someone in full mount who was spamming Diaz on the feet..I got so excited. Time to break his face. 20 punches later with him turtling and nothing happening..I knew bro. I knew. The problem is, will enough of the community to complain for it to change? Most people I see here busting a nut over the striking.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:57 AM   #19
Rookie

Worthless? LOL, not even close. I've gotten a few GnP wins and my ground game is crap. Your ground game must be horrible.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:58 AM   #20
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
In real life if a fighter doesn't block there face they are gonna get destroyed. I think body shots on the ground is too strong.
Well, the actual animations and GNP is soft & just off. But the GNP needed to be decreased from UFC 2. The time it took break the block were reasonable, it takes a while IRL it was just AFTER that with the elbows that looked super ugly and shouldn't have taken that many more shots to finish though.

But to keep the ground game sim, fights shouldn't end any faster from GNP than they do now, the overall interactions just need to be better in general. Skilled fighters should be hard to put away from GNP and given a chance to get out of a bad position, just as IRL. But it just needs to be done in better fashion.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:59 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozoog
Worthless? LOL, not even close. I've gotten a few GnP wins and my ground game is crap. Your ground game must be horrible.
Then you're playing bums. The only way you get finished on the ground in this game is to be a complete moron transitioning with bad stamina.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 03:38 AM   #22
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozoog
Your telling me my ground game is horrible??? lol I’m the freaking dude with 5,000 subs in UFC 2. My whole game was the ground. It’s a freaking beta were half the ppl probably don’t even play online and just hopped on to try it. I’ve finshed tons of ppl in full mount from the UFC 3 beta, but they all freaking sucked and didn’t even know what they were doing.

It’s dumb comments like this that make it hard for devs to know the truth. A lot of you ppl just post BS or beat someone who sucks and think you have skill. Then you come on these forums and say what you think this game needs to be better and your wrong.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:04 AM   #23
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Why not allow body shots in mount?
Old 12-02-2017, 04:20 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Why not allow full mount from half guard postured up? They took it out of UFC 2, so why not have it back for UFC 3? Just seems weird i can’t transition that way and side control is the only option i have.
I'm certain they do have half guard postured up to full mount. Sure this happened to me, perhaps only available for certain fighters.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »