Home

Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

This is a discussion on Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 06:06 AM   #33
Rookie

UpTehCooch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

Good. Grapplers can catch these hands.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #34
Banned

get better at stand up and stop shootin LIKE A KERR lol grounds a bad joke lets hold RT and wait 4 them to move and flik the right stick omg i can barely contain my excitement oh im srry if ur real good u throw out a fake transition LOL holy crap i just summed up the ground in 24 words
Old 12-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #35
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

-Increase Responsiveness on the ground game. Speed up the transition animations.

- Increase Strike Speed and reduce Short Term Stamina Cost & Damage. Then Increase Long Term Stamina Cost ( I wanna see some Jon Jones vs Matt Hammil type of beatdown when mounting an opponent)

- Referee Stand-ups! ( UFC Undisputed 3 Style)

The Whole EA UFC 2 ground remake, never felt good to me, because:

a) Despite the game having parallel transitions, it's too unresponsive(input lag + ignored inputs) for them to play out as intended.

b) Strikes are almost never allowed to be thrown while transitions play out, making the game feel very dull

c) It's Timing based with no netcode compensation, so online, the man with the 1ms custom controller & 1ms Response Time Gaming Montior, gets to block every transition & hit ever half moon perfect transition as well. Making it completely unbalanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 12:25 PM   #36
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Beyond the cosmetic issues with GNP in the game, I think people REALLY need to think about all the fights we've had in UFC these past few years and how many have actually ended off GNP ALONE (that didn't start with a stand up strike rocking them). Just look at some of the top wrestlers we have in MMA like Aspen, GSP, Khabib, Guida, T-Wood, Ben Henderson, Covington, Kevin Lee and etc...all have good to great wrestling with a top game and will deliver GNP but rarely will finish a fight by GNP. If they actually get a finish on the ground, it's usually from a sub.

The mechanics and visuals could be a bit more realistic in EA UFC, but the finish rate from GNP is still WAAAAY higher than IRL. There isn't a GNP buff needed, it just needs more added to the ground still. I'm not trying to say they are super rare, but they aren't happening anywhere near the frequency you guys seem to think w/o some damage already being done.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Beyond the cosmetic issues with GNP in the game, I think people REALLY need to think about all the fights we've had in UFC these past few years and how many have actually ended off GNP ALONE (that didn't start with a stand up strike rocking them). Just look at some of the top wrestlers we have in MMA like Aspen, GSP, Khabib, Guida, T-Wood, Ben Henderson, Covington, Kevin Lee and etc...all have good to great wrestling with a top game and will deliver GNP but rarely will finish a fight by GNP. If they actually get a finish on the ground, it's usually from a sub.

The mechanics and visuals could be a bit more realistic in EA UFC, but the finish rate from GNP is still WAAAAY higher than IRL. There isn't a GNP buff needed, it just needs more added to the ground still. I'm not trying to say they are super rare, but they aren't happening anywhere near the frequency you guys seem to think w/o some damage already being done.
I agree with this, but we can just sit in the bottom of mount and block for a minute and be totally fine. It should be difficult to get GnP finishes from half guard, guard, side control etc, but if I have someone stuck in mount, or flattened out on their back I should be able to do significant damage and that just isn't the case.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #38
Rookie

this is exactly what i was saying that the ground and pound is too weak and hopefully the devs see this and fix it because it looks like a simple fix. the block should be depleted fast to make your opponent do something. 3-4 shots should break the block and regenerating the block should take just as long as the stand up or give the stand up the same blocking power as the ground
Old 12-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #39
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Your telling me my ground game is horrible??? lol I’m the freaking dude with 5,000 subs in UFC 2. My whole game was the ground. It’s a freaking beta were half the ppl probably don’t even play online and just hopped on to try it. I’ve finshed tons of ppl in full mount from the UFC 3 beta, but they all freaking sucked and didn’t even know what they were doing.

It’s dumb comments like this that make it hard for devs to know the truth. A lot of you ppl just post BS or beat someone who sucks and think you have skill. Then you come on these forums and say what you think this game needs to be better and your wrong.
Dude, don't need to be so condescending to people... not everyone has the time to play as much as you.

While i agree the GNP def needs a little bit of a buff, not much. UFC 2 it was WAAAYYY to easy to finish guys on the ground, its not that easy IRL.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:00 PM   #40
Rookie

I fully agree but I am surprised you don't like that Big Cee. I won't even go for ground and pound now because it means theres a good chance I might get caught and put in a submission lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »