Home

Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

This is a discussion on Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ground and Pound in UFC 3 is worthless.

If they increase damage of gnp then I would love to see ground sways like in U3.

and what would increasing gnp do to side control? I keep asking this, why can side control head strikes that can ko you not be block?

Last edited by iverson91; 12-02-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #42
Pro

You can block in UFC 1 in side control, no idea why it got removed in UFC 2, and still not in UFC 3. Let's hope it gets added.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #43
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
UFC 2 it was WAAAYYY to easy to finish guys on the ground, its not that easy IRL.
Not if they had even basic knowledge of the mechanic’s. The only time I got finished on the ground in UFC 2 was because of input delay/lag, facing an OP opponent in UT, or if it was someone like Big Cee. It was only easy if your opponent sucked.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 12-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #44
Banned

You're the man Big Cee but I gotta disagree with you here. One of the first improvements I noticed about the ground game in UFC 3 is the responsiveness of GnP. Yes, the block is a bit OP now especially from mount (it was too weak in the last game though).

The main reason it's better is because the bottom guy can't disrupt GnP strikes so easily anymore (primary from HG and FG). Especially in full guard, it's like the bottom guy could just fake transitions to cancel your strikes. Looked real choppy and ugly. You'd start to throw a strike, bottom dude twitches, you twitch too and cancel the strike.

It also feels like arm traps are far less prevalent, maybe the left right desperation flicking doesn't work anymore? Idk.

Now on EA UFC 3 it's like you're both moving entirely separately, if you throw a strike, it will immediately execute. Way smoother and more fluid, from HG and FG. I agree mount GnP is useless though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #45
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
You're the man Big Cee but I gotta disagree with you here. One of the first improvements I noticed about the ground game in UFC 3 is the responsiveness of GnP. Yes, the block is a bit OP now especially from mount (it was too weak in the last game though).

The main reason it's better is because the bottom guy can't disrupt GnP strikes so easily anymore (primary from HG and FG). Especially in full guard, it's like the bottom guy could just fake transitions to cancel your strikes. Looked real choppy and ugly. You'd start to throw a strike, bottom dude twitches, you twitch too and cancel the strike.

It also feels like arm traps are far less prevalent, maybe the left right desperation flicking doesn't work anymore? Idk.

Now on EA UFC 3 it's like you're both moving entirely separately, if you throw a strike, it will immediately execute. Way smoother and more fluid, from HG and FG. I agree mount GnP is useless though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The GnP is 100% broken. You must be in heaven Relaxed! Lay and pray all day

Don’t worry Cee, it will get fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #46
MVP

Looks like I'm gonna need a Ben Askren CAF, I have been trying to get a few GnP finishes on guys I couldn't submit or outstrike as I've got all the denials as muscle memory to the point its not funny, sadly they generally end up quitting mid-fight because I've wrasslehumped them for 7 minutes throwing GnP.
Have got a few quick subs off of badly damaging people in half then going for an arm triangle.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #47
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
The GnP is 100% broken. You must be in heaven Relaxed! Lay and pray all day

Don’t worry Cee, it will get fixed.
Thank You!
Old 12-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #48
Banned

Kasel's Arena

I just don't like the animations, it's so soft as if these are pro wrestling strikes

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »